Who has the biggest hose? :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
co2 line? the shortest amount possible, probably 2 ft from the primary reg to the manifold and about 1.5 ft from each valve to keg. why? building a kegerator?

Yes, Co2.

I have a 20lb tank with 2 regulators. One is close the the fridge and the other is 15 feet to the "back up aging storage".

Oh yeah, I have over kill on the hose. 600psi line with ratchet clamps and barbed connectors. Not leaks as of yet.

3@ 5 ft from one manifold with a 3 ft line from the tank to the manifold... totals to 18 feet, but it came prebuilt like that from midwest....

I don't understand the point of this question...aside from the obvious euphemism...

The fridge line is 5 feet to the manifold which feeds 4 kegs. The 15 foot line also feeds 4 kegs at a time.

Remember... hose capable of containing 10-15 psi or so is cheap... true "high pressure" hose is not. Unless you need full tank pressure in your keezer or storage container, install a regulator on the tank to drop the outlet pressure to around 10-12 psi (as long as it's still as high or higher than your highest storage or serving pressure), and run with that.

redhoseNEWspool_thumb.jpg

$0.53/ft..... good for under 20 psi or so.

highpressureHOSE.jpg

$37.75 for what looks to be about 4-5 foot of hose.... good for full tank pressure.

I bought the same red hose that my 120psi compressor uses for air tools and such. The line is rated for 600psi.

Back