White specks in bottles - Yeast? Fermcap?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkuchan

Reaction score
I was brewing the Cologne Kolsch kit from Midwest Supplies with Munton's yeast, and I also used some Fermcap in the fermenter. I just bottled it 2 days ago. It tasted fine to me, and everything went okay. However, and this is a first for me, I noticed white specks floating in some of my bottles. Just small little blobs, only a few. They keep their shape and just kinda move around when I turn or move the bottle. I know it's not a contamination, but I'd like some input. Are these just large chunks of yeast? Since this is also my first time using Fermcap, I feared that it could be chunks of that stuff, but I haven't heard any stories from others of that happening. Anyway, I took a few pictures, though they aren't very good. Take a look:

IMAG0171[1].jpg

IMAG0170[1].jpg

I wouldn't worry about that. I've had infections in bottles (intentional, sour beers), and they are always a ring around the beer level and maybe a file across the top. Your's looks like some protein material got in there. Don't worry.

Latest posts

Back