White IPA recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyNado9

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been looking for an extract white IPA recipe and haven't been very successful! Has anyone brewed a white IPA with success? Most of the recipes I found were for all grain brewing, I am looking for any recipes for an extract brew. I have been ready a lot about chainbreaker white IPA by deschutes brewery, has anyone tried this ? If so is it worth making a clone? Thanks in advance, cheers!

I just cloned chainbreaker a few weekends ago. Love the original, but too soon to say anything about the clone, as it is in secondary now. But the fermenter tastes have been pretty damn good

You can make an all-grain into an extract recipe. It may be a bit more difficult to get it exact as the wheat DME/LME uses near 50% barley, but you can get close if you try. And you can also try a mini mash and just mash a small portion.

If you can steep you can do a fair mash.

Back