White Birch clone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatmarmot

Reaction score
Anyone ever had Hookset Ale from White Birch Brewing in NH. I'd love to try something like this, but dont know where to begin. Any recipe suggestions. It's a medium hoppy, dark colored beer with some of those roasted NW flavors. I know they use Cascade and Columbus hops, plus a trappist yeast. I'm fairly new to this but want to try something different than the standard book recipes.

Anyone ever had Hookset Ale from White Birch Brewing in NH. I'd love to try something like this, but dont know where to begin. Any recipe suggestions. It's a medium hoppy, dark colored beer with some of those roasted NW flavors. I know they use Cascade and Columbus hops, plus a trappist yeast. I'm fairly new to this but want to try something different than the standard book recipes.

I wouldn't know where to start with a White Birch clone, but I will chip in that pretty much everything Bill at White Birch makes is absolutely fantastic. His Tavern Ale is probably the best brown I've ever had.

I agree. I like his approach, too - color, flavor, body focused rather than shooting just for a style.

+1 to the previous comments. White Birch makes some awesome beers. Bil and the staff are very friendly and welcoming to visitors, too.

Back