whirlpooling on an electric setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeppman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I want to set up my BK for whirlpooling. For those of you who brew with electric, do you put your return port above or below the heating element? My element sits about 4 or 4.5inches off the bottom of the kettle. (If it matters, I have a blichmann 20gal g1 kettle).

Thanks for your help.

Mine is located an inch or two above the element in my keg boil kettle.

This is my location as well. You want it to be at a point where you want to be able to use it when you are doing smaller batches and not splash above the wort line when doing so... Kal has on his rig with a downspout or something... You can always mount high and do that as well.

Thanks for the replies guys. I've decided to make a "temporary" setup for now, with a stainless steel racking cane (that's been modified) that hangs on the side of the kettle. This way I can adjust it up or down. I do make 5 and 10 gal batches so I need to see what will work best and still give me flexibility.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back