Whirlpool!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natdavis777

Reaction score
Wife bought be a pump so I've been ordering my quick disconnects and made this bad boy so I could use the pump to whirlpool. Excited to try it out and see how it works

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400510488.048325.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

The port is around the 6 gal mark. I used soft copper so it's angled upwards a bit and then parallel again.

I am thinking about doing this at around the 3 gallon mark. For 5 and 10 gallon batches.

3q.JPG

I wasnt sure how well it would do being so low for 10gal batches, thats why I angled it up a bit. We will find out this weekend though. It is easily adjustable though

Does the whirlpool arm have to be higher up on a kettle than the main spigot? If so, has anyone went too high and had a batch that was below the whirlpool port? I imagine one could stick a piece of tubing on if needed but was just curious.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

I dont think it matters if the port is higher or lower than the wort, you just want the end of your tubing to be under the wort and not to where it would cause any kind of aeration.
Like I stated, I used soft copper so its real easy to manipulate to the level I need. I only angled up a little bit because I brew 10gal batches so if I left my copper tube at the level of the port, it would be recurculating wort in the middle of the kettle.
That acutally may be fine and I might not have to angle at all... I am trying this method first to see if it works. I will try it without angle on the next batch after and adjust the level accordingly.

I remember seeing that. Pretty awesome. I figured since I already had the port hole and I just had it plugged, why not take advantage of it.

Back