Which to use, LorAnn oil or brewers best flavoring?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jturkish

Reaction score
Making a watermelon dipa. LorAnn is water soluble and I'm assuming the Brewers best is too.

Is one better than the other?

I've not had good luck using Lorann Oils in 3 separate batches as the flavor was inconsistent even when thoroughly mixed. I think Lorann is designed more for baking, ice cream and candy. Brewer's Best seems to mix well, but sometimes is a bit artificial or off for some flavors.

I would stick to brewers best or using purees like posted above, I also find loranns to be a pain, and I really dislike the lorann flavorings!

One more option -
I was very happy with chocolate and peanut butter flavors from Silver Cloud Estates.
Made a porter that was fantastic.
I imagine their watermelon would be good too!

One more option -
I was very happy with chocolate and peanut butter flavors from Silver Cloud Estates.
Made a porter that was fantastic.
I imagine their watermelon would be good too!

What was your dosage rates on both the choc and pb?

What was your dosage rates on both the choc and pb?

I used 2 oz each chocolate and peanut butter to 10 gallon batch of a very rich porter at bottling.
That was before I realized they have a "peanut butter cup" flavoring. I should have used that.

Back