Which temperature controller to buy for keezer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JadeMonkeyStang

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a panel mountable temperature controller that I can install in the collar of my keezer. After searching around here and the net I see a couple of good contenders but I am not sure if there are some big differences between them that I am missing which would make one more desirable for me or if there is another controller out there that might be even better. Here's what I'm looking at ATM:

Love TS2-010
Love TS-13010
[URL="http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=14&zenid=c7f92d11ef8eb9cd6c36d5e555c60ebb]Auber Instruments SYL-1512A[/URL]

Thanks to anyone who can help me figure out which one makes the most sense for my application or offer another option. I am also looking for advice on which temp probe to get if I end up with a unit that does not come with one.

Thanks all!

looks like the first one has no probe, the second one does and looks to have controls located on the front. I dunno.

I used Ranco ITC_111000 and a $10 extention cord from Home Depot to wire it. Under 60 bucks total and it works great.

The Love TS2-10 is what I used. It works great, and if you purchase at www.dwyer-inst.com it's like 64 with the temp probe that is also sold at the site.

If you have a black keezer, or will be making it black and wood, this is the way to go.

Orlando

Thanks for the replies so far guys. I actually already have a Johnson A419 and while it is a great controller, it's not the style I'm looking for. I really want something I can make a hole in the collar for and have it mounted fairly flush on the front with a temperature readout, along the lines of the 3 controllers I linked to in my OP. Those are all 1/32 DIN but I'd be willing to look at something 1/16 DIN or so if it offers some feature I can't live without.

Have you dismissed the aquarium controller?

I like the aquarium controller but really want something that can display in degrees F. The price difference sucks but it would be worth it for me to go with the Love controller or the Auber just to have it display in the units I'm used to.

I have two of the Love TS-13010's, one for the ferm chamber and one for the upright keezer. I really like how they look when installed. And they work great! I highly recommend them.

Back