Where to Run the Electrical in My Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjthomas21

Reaction score
So I built a fermentation chamber awhile back and didn't include a place to run the project box holding the outlets/wires so it just sits on top of the chamber. I would like to avoid the same mistake with a keezer I am building. So I have a few questions I was hoping to get some answers on and if anybody has any pictures that would be great! (I've looked through countless keezer build threads and while the pictures are always awesome they usually show the front and inside and don't showcase the electrical guts).

Note that for my build I have the popular 7cf GE freezer.

For this type of build, I was thinking of installing the project box on the inside of the collar with the outlets facing outside of the collar on the back (so the freezer would plug into the collar on the back without the need to run that cord through the collar). Is this the best method? Are there other methods that work better?

Any input/thoughts/pictures are greatly appreciated!

Back