where to keep my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronbeer

Reaction score
so here is my problem. I have a spare room that I am storing my fermenting beer. It is right at 70. It works great for everything up to 3 weeks in the bottle. I am wondering if it is ok to keep my beer bottles in the room after 3 weeks or do I need to buy an extra fridge for storing beer at a cold temp?
so here are my questions

1. Is 70 to hot beer bottled beer
2. if so, when should i move them
3. what temp is ideal

:drunk:

I keep my fermenters and bottles at 67-69, so 70 should be fine. I follow Revvy's advice of bottled conditioning for 3-8 weeks then into the fridge for 2 weeks before serving.

I look forward to the day when I have a big ass keezer with room for kegs, carboys, and a couple cases of bottles!

Right, after 3 weeks, chill some to drink. You can keep the other bottles in the room until your ready to put into the fridge. They won't over carb, if that's what your worried about. Some of my beer are in my basement for months to a year. I only put them in the fridge when I'm low and going to drink in a day or 2.

Ha ha. If that happened, I would not have to worrie about the time in the bottle, because they would be gone befor that was an issue.

Back