Where to go next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Durandal

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just finished with a couple all grain kit batches, and now the wide world of all grain recipes is calling. Eventually, I want to find my good recipe for New Holland's Dragon's Milk (which is basically ambrosia, but looks pretty darn advanced).

For now, I'm wondering if someone could recommend a really really great, simple recipe. Maybe an ale or a brown ale, something that you could, say, branch out from and add variety to with future batches.

I'm coming from a really dark oatmeal stout and a super hopy IPA, so some variety from that would be nice.

Also looking to put some hops in the garden this year. Can someone recommend a good, well rounded variety or mix which would work all around? I probably don't want to grow special hops for finishing, bittering, etc. A nice 'house flavor' would be neat though.

Looking forward to your suggestions!
:tank:

Really great and simple? You can't go wrong with a SMASH ale (single malt and single hop). Great way to explore both base malts and hop varities.

Maris otter / Amarillo is a popular one for example.

Latest posts

Back