Where to go/eat and what to do in Austin?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avaserfi

Reaction score
I will be heading to Austin in a couple weeks for either a Thursday-Sunday or Friday-Monday time period. I have been a few times before, but mostly as day trips. This is to be a mini honeymoon since the we couldn't afford the time/cost of a real honeymoon so we are saving it for later.

Just looking for suggestions. As of now we were planning on hitting up the Salt Lick for dinner (unless someone knows better), the Grape Vine Market for good beer to bring home and The Oasis for the sunset.

Any good food recommendations (we would love some good dim sum)? Also, any recommendations for a club to check out some good jazz or blues?

Just looking for fun places to go and things to do and eat. A nice brew pub or something would be cool too, of course.

I would skip The Salt Lick and take a half hour drive down 183 and go to Lockhart. Kreuz Market is my favorite of their bbq joints.

You might try Uncle Billy's on Barton Springs. They have an awsome Hefeweizen and the BBQ is really good too.

If you are out in the Oasis area, there is a great Mexican restaurant called Verdes.

Verde's Mexican Parrilla, Austin, TX

Out here in West Austin there is a great little wine pub that also has 47 draft beers and the only macro is Dos XX's, the rest are craft or imported. They also have 700 beers in bottles.

Austin Beer, Wine, Cigars - Fion Wine Pub & Bistro

As mentioned before, Uncle Billy's in Barton Spring is a great place and there are loads of other restaurants on the same strip. Beers are very tasty.

For music, downtown is the place. Stubbs as BBQ and tunes.
STUBB'S BAR-B-Q | COLD BEER + LIVE MUSIC

Back