Where not to buy co2 tanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kottonmouththree

Reaction score
For anyone who is recommending your fellow brewers to buy co2 tanks from a guy buy the name of Scott, STOP.
He will charge you a good price then send you a product that does not meet the item you payed for:mad:. IE I payed for an aluminum tank and got a steel tank that is out of certifications. Amazing rip off. Checked EBAY and got a used tank at much better prices. DONT BUY FROM [email protected]

New member whose only 3 posts are trashing the guy while everyone else is giving good feedback... makes me inclined to not believe you. Most people would try to resolve things with the seller first.
I think I'll order my tank from Scotty.

My only complaint was shipping costs... quoted me something like $40 for shipping. I did not make the deal, since after factoring in shipping, local craigslist prices were much better.

I've got nothing but great things to say about Scott. He was a true pleasure to deal with. I'm guessing an honest mistake was made in this situation and I know Scott would make it right given the opportunity.

I've got nothing but great things to say about Scott. He was a true pleasure to deal with. I'm guessing an honest mistake was made in this situation and I know Scott would make it right given the opportunity.
New member whose only 3 posts are trashing the guy while everyone else is giving good feedback... makes me inclined to not believe you. Most people would try to resolve things with the seller first.
I think I'll order my tank from Scotty.

He has many satisfied customers. Possibly just a mistake. I'd contact him before thrashing him publicly.

did you get in contact with Scott to see if he would make right? I bought a steel 20 pound tank from him and could not be happier with what I received

a lot of others here did well with him

+1 one on all the above. Also, first 3 posts in 7 minutes and you just joined the forum yesterday. You don't sell Co2 tanks also, DO YOU?

Also even if he did send a out of date steel tank who cares? You still need to get it filled, just bring it to a place that does swaps, pay for the full one and ask for an aluminum one. The local welding shops here don't seem to care.

The only tanks I see on eBay that even come close to Scott's price are 20# aluminums for $50 with local pickup only (good deal if you're in Houston)

I got my tank from Scott and I am very happy. I picked up a 20 lb tank shipped to me in under a week for 13 dollars less than I could pick up a new 5 lb from my LHBS. If I needed another tank I would contact Scott first. Plus he has a variety so when/if I decide to set up a Stout tap I know where to pick up a cheap tank. I actually used this thread to get his address to contact him since I read it and my BS meter pointed me to Scott, to many people came to his defense to ignore. If he was a low life nobody would have defended him like they did. IMO

I'm considering buying a tank from him and it's good to see all the people coming out to support the guy. Love the community spirit!

I've been brewing for a year and just got into kegging. My last piece of equipment was a CO2 and Scott had the best prices around. I'm talking Ebay, Amazon, and the local CO2 fill store I checked out. I talked to him last weekend and he shipped out a 20lb aluminum tanks Monday and I received it Thursday. He responds quick and is a man of his word! And the fill store said the tank was in good shape, so I couldn't be happier. Kottonmouththree is lying and will only stop you from saving money.

This is a long forgotten thread, but yes, scotty is a good reliable, trusted and well respected vendor around here. Don't hesitate to use him for all of your gas tank needs.

Back