Where can you get a glass of beer for 1 USD?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jakes Bar

549 S Matlack St
West Chester, PA 19380

Home of the 50 cent beer
50cents allday ,everyday since 1938.

Jakes Bar

549 S Matlack St
West Chester, PA 19380

Home of the 50 cent beer
50cents allday ,everyday since 1938.

So beer cost the equivalent of $8.03 in 1938? Must be why they never had to change the price ;)

me and some buds were going to a new restaurant/bar that had $1 bottle specials every day (until they ran out of the product). since we were always hitting it for happy hour they were always available. they were mostly craft brews. i'm writing this in past tense because they just recently stopped offering the $1 deal. :( we don't go there anymore.

So beer cost the equivalent of $8.03 in 1938? Must be why they never had to change the price ;)

LoL actually that's a typo on my part ,they opened in 38,I don`t know what the prices were then as I wasn`t born yet .

but I`ve been there off and on for at least ten years and the price is still the same.

Oh and it`s definitely not craft brew.

Yah, true....You can get an ice cold 750ml of Castle or Hansa for like R6.50 (about 80 cents US) in South Africa and you can drink it while riding down the road. lol (you are not supposed to drive with it though)

Tinker's in Auburn, NY in 1986. Everything was a dollar - all drinks, all day, every day. Biggest reason I'll never be elected to Congress.

While I was in college (only six or seven years ago), we had a bar that did 50 cent drafts on Thursday nights. Of course, it was 12oz of Bud Light or Miller Light.

penny beers out here on long island at a place near Hofstra ...not my kinda bar now though.

Just came back from Tenerife, Canary islands. You can find a happy hour place with 1 Eur beer deal. No wonder there were english and irish mostly :)

Turtle Bay, in NYC, has $1 BMCs on Wednesdays. You will find neither hide nor hair of me anywhere near Turtle Bay, in NYC, on Wednesdays.

I remember living in Wisconsin for 6 months (was when they won the SB with #4, so awhile ago). Used to go to a nice restaurant/bar in Spooner on a lake where you could get $0.50 domestic taps. I gained a lot of weight that summer. Took away from my fishing time!

Almost everywhere in Thailand is 40 baht draft Klosters. 43 Baht is about 1 USD. Dear lord how I miss Thailand.

Almost everywhere in Thailand is 40 baht draft Klosters. 43 Baht is about 1 USD. Dear lord how I miss Thailand.
There's a German microbrewery in Chiang Mai now. 90 Baht a pint. Will have to check it out next trip. Looking at the exchange rate, it looks like your trip was about as long ago as my last visit. Dollar is way down. You only get 31.5 Baht to the USD now.

There's a German microbrewery in Chiang Mai now. 90 Baht a pint. Will have to check it out next trip. Looking at the exchange rate, it looks like your trip was about as long ago as my last visit. Dollar is way down. You only get 31.5 Baht to the USD now.

Fark on a stick. Yeah 2006 was the last time I was there... boo.

A little hole in the wall college bar (Distillery Pub) in Oshkosh Wisconsin offers every CO2 pushed tap for a dollar, the Nitro taps like Guinness are 3 dollars. Everything from spotted cow to newcastle to spaten....I love that place, In fact I am going there later tonight

Theres a bar in The Grove area of Miami that has penny beer nights every Wednesday, yes I said PENNY!

Back