Where can I buy mucho Malt Extract?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nostrildamus

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy malt extract from a malter rather than buying it from my local brewshop which sells it at a premium. I'm located in Vancouver, British Columbia so any other Canadians please give me some advice if you have a source which you buy from. I'm wanting to buy 250-500 pounds of extract for me and two other brewing friends. I know we have Gambrinus Malting Corp. in Armstrong BC but I've failed to find a website for them.

Any help would be appreciated.

United Canadian Malt
Fax
Address : 2734 5th Avenue West B, Vancouver, BC V6K 1T4
Telephone : 604-222-1160

dont know anything about them so you'll have to drive by or phone

Gambrinus Malting Corp
Address : 1101 Industrial Drive RR 6, Armstrong, BC V0E 1B6
Telephone : 250-546-8911

I wonder if LD Carlson delivers to retailers in Canada? I believe they're located in Ohio, but they ship and deliver all over the US.

Go to their website, and see if they mention delivery. I know they offer LME in barrel quantities.

Y'all,
Here in 'Dallas' county, Texas,
I pick mine up, and 55Lbs of DME costs me $145.00.
About $3. a pound even in little bitty amounts.

Luck...
Knife

JacktheKnife said:
Y'all,
Here in 'Dallas' county, Texas,
I pick mine up, and 55Lbs of DME costs me $145.00.
About $3. a pound even in little bitty amounts.

Luck...
Knife

I'm curious, where do you go?

Nostrildamus said:
I'm looking to buy malt extract from a malter rather than buying it from my local brewshop which sells it at a premium. I'm located in Vancouver, British Columbia so any other Canadians please give me some advice if you have a source which you buy from. I'm wanting to buy 250-500 pounds of extract for me and two other brewing friends. I know we have Gambrinus Malting Corp. in Armstrong BC but I've failed to find a website for them.

Any help would be appreciated.

500 lbs? Not that it's really any of my business, but...you do realize that the stuff has a shelf life, no? Even split between 3 people, you'd have to be brewing batches every damned day to get through that stuff while it's still fresh.

Back