When to add fruit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burloch

Reaction score
Hey guys quick question. I started my first ever brew in Friday, 7/17. I'm using a kit from Brooklyn Brew. Yesterday (day 3) I switched from a blowoff hose to an air lock, and added more hops. The brew is still in the 1 gal glass fermenter. It's a milkshake IPA. I already added the milk sugar. As per the directions I can add a vanilla bean, which I plan to do. Can I add fruit at any point? Was thinking about adding strawberry puree. Any insight? Thanks guys

Thanks. Do I just toss the fruit right into the jug? I've read people soak it in vodka to sterilize it, is that true?

Some soak , some freeze , defrost and freeze again then just add . Some also puree on stove top to heat up to pasteurize. I've added thawed bagged fruit multiple times with now issue . At least 1# per gallon right into the fermenter.

I add fruit by racking the beer off the primary yeast into a sanitized secondary fermenter that has the fruit in it. I freeze and thaw the fruit before putting it in the secondary.

Latest posts

Back