When does it end?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboBrew

Reaction score
I'm competely addicted to homebrew and the homebrew process. I get excited when I buy something as mundane as a nylon boil bag. I somehow manage to spend $40 more than I intend at the homebrew shop, everytime I go. Theres always a better gadget to buy/make.

My question: Is there an end point? Or am I eternally stuck on the ray that home brewing. Surely theres a point where you are satisfied with your brewing set-up. Hopefully.

I'm competely addicted to homebrew and the homebrew process. I get excited when I buy something as mundane as a nylon boil bag. I somehow manage to spend $40 more than I intend at the homebrew shop, everytime I go. Theres always a better gadget to buy/make.

My question: Is there an end point? Or am I eternally stuck on the ray that home brewing. Surely theres a point where you are satisfied with your brewing set-up. Hopefully.

4 kegs oughta be enough. Oh wait, I have these brews in the pipeline. Better get another 4. Crap, still need to do one more, need more kegs. Now I want another CO2 tank.

Eventually I'm gonna run out of places to put things, and I'll have to stop. ;)

I thought the same thing.... but now my wife and I are talking about buying a house and I might get to have my own brewshed!

so, no, Turbobrew, it never stops

Heh, SWMBO said to me, when we move to another house, I *NEED* to have my own brew room!! She wants everything out of the rest of the house. Sure thing boss! Can do!! :ban:

It never ends... 10 kegs, 10 carboys, 30 gallon kettle. Ordering half a ton of grain to last a year. Having dreams of a brew shed in the woods, complete with walk in cooler and a porch swing, big screen and air conditioning. Brew, watch football, drink beer. Repeat. :D

First thing that happens is you start brewing Ales and build every gadget known to HB that applies to brewing and serving them as perfectly as is possible.

Then you start reading about lagering and suddenly realize that you need a bigger brewry and two of everything so you can so split batches and get the best of both worlds going.

Next thing you know you have more refridgeration dedicated to HB than you do keeping those fillet mignon on ice.

Then you get frustrated with all the leaky weldless fittings you've installed through the years and the gaskets you've replaced. And you decide to take up welding to make all the fitting permanent.

Then, finally, one day you realize some company has built tits into a brew rig that is just within your financial (and marital) reach and, maybe, just maybe then, you have found the limit.

Then exactly 1 year later you read about a massive upgrade to the system you have. By then you are already broke and bald, can;t sleep through the night anyway but, you still obsess about that last new thingamabob that is going to improve your beer beyond belief.

Only to later read an article about some kid who brewed a batch of extract on his camp stove for a competition and became a billionair through a royalties agreement on the recipe.

That is when it really ends but, by then you've already gone too far.

Heh, SWMBO said to me, when we move to another house, I *NEED* to have my own brew room!! She wants everything out of the rest of the house. Sure thing boss! Can do!! :ban:

I am in the same boat and what a great boat it is. My SWMBO also said when we move soon, that I will be getting a brew shed/house. Something where I can put ALL my stuff and not have to move it, store it, and generally not have it everywhere I can find room in the house.

And to answer the OP?

I'm competely addicted to homebrew and the homebrew process...
My question: Is there an end point?...

"No"

When does it end? This is when it ends:

F3-42.jpg

A 42-gallon conical.

Wait, you were talking about your marriage, right?

The kegging is the worst you start drinking more thus needing more kegs and more ingredients and more carboys and bigger brewing rigs and more and more and more and more.....

That's really half the fun of it, though, isn't it? Do you really want it to end? :fro:

The only way it would end is if I won a substantial amount of money in the lottery, was able to retire, build a brewhouse, buy a shiny brew rig, conicals, etc... and brew any time I wanted. Then maybe it would end.

My wife asks me that all the time...she say's there will ALWAYS be something I'm building, or buying to make my brewing experiece just a little better :D

Latest posts

Back