When can I start?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tysonj55

Reaction score
I ordered three rhizomes ealier this evening and expect them to arrive by early next week. I live in Northern KY and was wondering when I should get them started. I am assuming ASAP, but I also have spring fever in the worst way.

Anyway, due to current living quarters and uncertainty of how long I will be here I am going to plant these guys in containers (probably 5 gal buckets) and use a teepee type trellis system. I was thinking that I could proceed w/ planting and keep them indoors until Spring has officially sprung and I finsish up the trellis in the yard.

Any thoughts and advice would be great.

Well...I'm not sure where you ordered them from but I didnt think the rhizomes usually shipped until late march at the earliest and usually the people who pre-ordered them first get them first.

Since they are in containers I would wait to plant them until there is no more fear of frost. If you plant them before that you can always bring them inside if it might frost so it's up to you...

Well...I'm not sure where you ordered them from but I didnt think the rhizomes usually shipped until late march at the earliest and usually the people who pre-ordered them first get them first.

Since they are in containers I would wait to plant them until there is no more fear of frost. If you plant them before that you can always bring them inside if it might frost so it's up to you...

Hmmm. I ordered from freshops.com and the site said to allow 7-10 days for delivery. :confused: I'll shoot'em an email to see what's what. Either way, thanks.

Back