What's your profession?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I manage a branch of the worlds largest brewrig gadget/gizmo addiction toy store aka plumbing distributor. I swear, everything I sell I stop and think of a brewing application for it. I love the discounts for sure!

I did come up with Torx Plus, but we made sure that it is backwards compatible with Torx. Otherwise, I hate a box full of screwdrivers just like everyone else. Now, a quick test: anyone know what a Hi-Torq looks like? (I had nothing to do with this abomination to science).

Mechanical Preconstruction Professional for a MEP company. I estimate/coordinate with the design team/work with the project managers/hold the customers hand on projects until they get turned over to the operations side...

broadbill said:
Are the "true gurus" of beer really teaching in these programs? I guess my reasoning is that if they are "true gurus" they are opening and running breweries, not teaching classes.

This goes along with the adage: "If you can't do, teach".

Lol... I'm a teacher... Special Ed.

My BS is in Engineering Technology, with an area in Computers. I used to do some hardware, but now I'm a Senior Developer/Analyst (Programmer).

:ban:

Unemployed.... but I have 3 prospective jobs, and one is a head brewer at a small winery. So I guess I am a home brewer by trade I graduated college last year and can't seem to find a job.

Cpt_Kirks said:
My BS is in Engineering Technology, with an area in Computers.

I'm doing that degree right now, from purdue. But right now I'm focused with more MET credits, but my plan of study will have a lot of ECET classes my junior and senior year, and organization leadership and supervision classes (ols), altho I'm a sophomore a guy at Chrysler in my town said he may be able to get me on as an intern although he typically hires juniors/seniors

I get to ride BMX bikes. I'm hoping to expand my hobbies into a future job so I can continue to have a career that I love to do.

I'm doing that degree right now, from purdue. But right now I'm focused with more MET credits, but my plan of study will have a lot of ECET classes my junior and senior year, and organization leadership and supervision classes (ols), altho I'm a sophomore a guy at Chrysler in my town said he may be able to get me on as an intern although he typically hires juniors/seniors

It seems popular. My oldest son is in his second semester in a CET program, working on his associates.

I'm a server, construction worker, part-time motorcycle mechanic, and a student. Hopefully within the next two or three years I will have my BS in Brewing Science.

I got my BS in Engineering Technology and actually use my degree to this date. I am a Designer for a metal fabrication company. I use SolidWorks 2012 to design all our products.

I have a BS in Electrical Engineering and a MS in Engineering. There is another guy on here that works with me that's a homebrewer.

BS Computer Engineering Technology, I should be building electronics protypes but I work as a school district's systems admin, better pay, benefits and stability.

8 years in active duty USAF as c-130 crew chief, now I'm a Correctional Officer and still a crew chief in the Air Guard.

Whew, I thought I was the only home brewer in Oconee County. Yippee! BTW — I'm a retired curmudgeon who didn't take this up until I was 70. I don't make the best beer, but it beats most of the stuff at Ingles.:rockin:

I know of another guy in Oconee County who brews. Split our age and that's about how old he is. I met him on another forum unrelated to brewing.

Have you made it up to Grapes and Grain in Greenville for their monthly get together of homebrewers?

Oh yeah, a few of my friends and one of the professors in my department brews, but they live in Pickens County, so I guess they don't count.

Im a visiting nurse, previous life a cad designer and sales engineer for a automotive supplier. Ya, total 180.

mrgstiffler said:
Interesting that there aren't more IT people here. I have an MIS degree and do general IT work. Support, administration, software/web development.

I'm an IT pro. Being QA I gotta have good beer.

Mercedes-Benz auto body tech. I studied Mechanical Engineering for a couple years, but left school. Welder/fabricator before body work.

Latest posts

Back