What's your favorite BMC beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personal go to is High Life or PBR when I'm in the mood for them. I do have a soft spot for Old Milwaukee (not the beast, the regular) and Busch Light since that is what I usually drink with my dad and uncles at the cabin.

Stella Artois or Amstel Light (technically not BMC but same yellow fizzies)

Miller Lite. I think I like it more now that before I started home brewing. A trip to a sporting event isn't complete without one.

I like Miller beers..High Life, Lite, MGD, and remember Michelob being a good "Buzz" starter.

I have always been a beer snob as I was drinking Heiniken and the Spaten for years before I ever had a BMC beer. Also was in England for 3 years and realy like bitters. But when I cannot get a brew of my choice or one for the lake, I hate to admit it, but I like Shaefers.

PBR or Old Milwaukee, followed close by High Life. Or Budweiser for when I get a hankering for living all fancy-like.

Edit: Whoops, forgot Schlitz. I can't for the life of me find it anywhere around, so it's almost a treat when my roommate brings some back from when he goes home.

Being a StL boy, I really like Michelob (like a poster commented above, Michelob regular, not Light, Ultra, 64 or whatever). While Budweiser is just ok, it is rice beer afterall. Michelob is AB's all malt light-colored lager. It's damn tasty!

PBR did an amazing job at grass roots hipster marketing. IMHO, it's as mediocre as the rest of them.

I like Old Milwaukee, for nostalgic reasons. It's as mediocre as the rest of them.

If I'm somewhere with only 3 or 4 beer choices (around here, that's usually Bud, Bud Light, Mich Ultra or Miller Lite), I usually pick Bud. Just because it seems more manly and all-American. But to be honest, if those are my choices for beer, I'll frequently choose bourbon & cola or wine if that's a choice. (Because wine is so much more manly & all-American ha-ha-ha.)

Blue Moon, already mentioned, doesn't really fit the category, I don't think - even though it's a BMC product. But at least it's interesting. And, it's readily available in a can now, which makes it a decent inexpensive camping beer.

So, what's my favorite BMC beer? I guess Blue Moon, if you count that. Bare Knuckle Stout is decent, also. If you don't count those, but if you do count PBR, then I guess Yuengling Black & Tan. It's as much BMC as PBR.

Redbridge. It's a BMC as it's owned by AB. After that it is Amber Bock, but I don't get it often anymore as I wil typically pick an IPA or Wheat over the Bock anymore.

For the just chug on a hot day, if I don't see Shiner Bock, I will pick up PBR, which is strange as I use to choose Miller Lite. I get funny looks all the time too, especially from the people who know I homebrew and love craft beer. It's always "Really? You're going to drink PBR?"

Grain Belt Premium in bottles on a hot day after ploxing the south 40 is fine with me. Don't like it much from a can though.

+1
I was gonna bring this up. For the same price of BMC, nothing says grill time like a Premium

Bud light. I even drink it on brew days. Too much home brew = ****ed up hop additions and me to drunk to wait for the chiller to finish.

Stroh's.

image-2780683989.jpg

Took me awhile to find my go to cheap beers. I drink High Life when its hot and Yuengling Traditional Lager when its not. Bottles for me.

If you don't like BMC, then move along, this thread is not for you.

For those that occasionally enjoy a can of bmc on a hot summer day, while slaving away in the yard, what's your favorite BMC beer and why? Miller lite, I think does taste a little better than the others, but goes down way way too fast. I've been buying Coors original, and I feel like that has a little more depth to it and doesnt go down so quick (but quick enough - it's a fine line).

Copy Cat!!!

No, really....

Coors Banquet
PBR
Old Style

1 - Coors original
2 - Little kings
3 - Hudy 14k

Of those, Coors is the priciest :tank:

Miller Light or Bud Light. Sometimes I'll go for Labatt Blue. Whatever is the cheapest of those three at the local drug store is what I'll grab.

Schlitz is awesome! Goes good when wrenching on the cars or motorcycle.

I forgot about Michelob dark. Haven't seen it in a while but its actually a good beer. Bud is ok because it has more bitter flavor than miller/coors. Coors taste like a watered down Corona to me, they both taste like piss to me also but everyone has different taste. I still like fosters best when buying for cheaper beer.

40 years ago when I was in college in Colombia MO I thought Busch was the pinnacle of the brewers art. Though what I drank was Champagne Velvet which was the cheapest beer known to man.

I remember getting mickys and cisco when i was younger, cheap. that cisco will give you one hell of a hangover. Not sure if its beer or wine lmao...!

BrutalBrew said:
I forgot about Michelob dark. Haven't seen it in a while but its actually a good beer. Bud is ok because it has more bitter flavor than miller/coors. Coors taste like a watered down Corona to me, they both taste like piss to me also but everyone has different taste. I still like fosters best when buying for cheaper beer.

I've always found bud to be overly sweet. Plus the acetaldehyde bugs me.

Back