What's your best DIY brew gadget?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sold your boat to make room for damn ping pong?!? Shame on you sir, shame on you!

My custom fermentation chamber. I'm very short on space since I just convinced the wife I would sell one of my boats to make room for a ping pong table in the garage. I desperately needed a chamber but had no more floor space. Built this on the work bench so it can be taken down with lite effort when not in use. View attachment 239503View attachment 239504View attachment 239505View attachment 239506View attachment 239507

Later got the Johnson A419 and plugged the heating pad into it. It's December in Michigan right now and I have two carboys sharing one heating pad and it is still off most times I check it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I still currently have 5 boats. No joke. Lol. I think I could afford to get rid of one.

I made this to transfer hot wort from mash tun to the next burner, No lifting. Move unit when it is on lowest setting.Simply crank it up to burner height and transfer keggle to burner. One set of casters turn. Aircraft cable used on lift with bearings and copper slides.

Carboy Lifter 015.JPG

Carboy Lifter 003.JPG

Carboy Lifter 017.JPG

Carboy Lifter 019.JPG

Here's my sparge arm that I made from some leftover PEX tubing. I place a hose clamp in the middle and slide it in a slotted piece of wood that sits across the mash tun to adjust height above grain bed

View attachment 247778

View attachment 247776

Love the sparge arm! I have some pex laying around I might have to try this! I think I've seen some people build manifolds out of pex too.

Back