what's wrong with my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with chickypad. If it all went smoothly, it all surely turn out horrible. We all know that it's only by miracles that our beers turn out good after a horrible disaster while brewing. No disaster= no miracle= bad beer!

As others have stated before, you can always deliver it to my secure beer disposal facility here in Lansing, MI. I will gladly get rid of it for you :D

oh no, everything went smoothly? you're doomed!!
can you accidently drop something in the fermenter? preferably unsanitized. ;)

it's gotten worse today, there's kraeusen on top of the beer. I know something bad is about to happen. I think i might drop something in it to make me feel more comfortable about it. that way i can prevent anything else bad from happening...

it's gotten worse today, there's kraeusen on top of the beer. I know something bad is about to happen. I think i might drop something in it to make me feel more comfortable about it. that way i can prevent anything else bad from happening...

I would suggest counting the number of "bubbles per minute" from your airlock and then freaking out that it's not enough bubbles per minute.

And remember, once the bubbles stop, it's definitely done fermenting. Go ahead and bottle.

Repitch some bread yeast and stir vigorously with a rusty crescent wrench.

Just a small sacrifice to the beer pixies will do - a carboy bung, thermometer, even the pen that falls out of your shirt pocket. Of course if you want to really swing for the fences get a toddler or a dog to drool in it. It will be the best beer you ever made.
:D

so i made some beer today and everything went smoothly and everything looks fine. what did I do wrong? this has never happened before so I don't know what to do. dump it maybe?

Yes, you should probably dump it. No brew day that goes perfectly ever makes beer that's drinkable. It's science.

Back