What's the most expensive beer you've seen or drank?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not a beer, but a liquor store in my home town has a bottle of 1963 vintage tawny port. the last time i checked to see if it was still there it was something like $685. the owner of the store would probably have loaded his shorts if I actually bought it instead of just visited it from time to time.

Billy-Klubb said:
not a beer, but a liquor store in my home town has a bottle of 1963 vintage tawny port. the last time i checked to see if it was still there it was something like $685. the owner of the store would probably have loaded his shorts if I actually bought it instead of just visited it from time to time.

Aww just buy it.. You're worth it.

It's not really an exotic beer or hard to find beer but a $18 bottle of the Rogue Voodoo Doughnut Bacon Maple Ale.

Very smokey with a sweet finish. Fortunately I love smokey flavors (my only hobby in front of brewing is BBQing) and it has bacon in it... I know smokey beer is an acquired taste but come on guys it has bacon in it haha.

You paid $18 for that? Bombers at World Market yesterday were $8.99. The highest price I've seen for those was like 11 or 12. To me, you got ripped off.

bighornmountaindew said:
You paid $18 for that? Bombers at World Market yesterday were $8.99. The highest price I've seen for those was like 11 or 12. To me, you got ripped off.

Any amount of money for that beer is a rip off.

Any amount of money for that beer is a rip off.

I didn't pay for it (someone brought some to a club meeting), just had a tiny taste, and it effectively ruined my palate for a number of the following beers I tasted. As far as I'm concerned, even for free I got ripped off.

Qhrumphf said:
I didn't pay for it (someone brought some to a club meeting), just had a tiny taste, and it effectively ruined my palate for a number of the following beers I tasted. As far as I'm concerned, even for free I got ripped off.

I had an identical experience.

Qhrumphf said:

Lucky for them there are people around like me...

*edit* whoops I lied. It was a 9L bottle for $280. Slightly better price/ounce.
Untitled.jpg

Most I have paid was $10.00 for a 4-pak of Dog Fish Head Chicory Stout and $7.50 for a 22 oz of Alpine Brewery's Captain Stout at a liquor store. I can't imagine paying over $20 for a bottle then end up not liking it.

Most expensive bottle I've bought is a Pelican Brewing Mother of All Storms barrel-aged barleywine. I think it was $23 for the bomber. It's currently sitting in my cellar aging.

Most expensive I can remember appeared in a newsletter in my inbox last week. Maybe it's just long term memory loss. :drunk:
"Baladin Xyauyù Barrel (rum): BA n/a RB 99: $45.99/500mL"

Bithead said:
Most expensive I can remember appeared in a newsletter in my inbox last week. Maybe it's just long term memory loss. :drunk:
"Baladin Xyauyù Barrel (rum): BA n/a RB 99: $45.99/500mL"

Sounds about right. Italian craft beer is insanely expensive.

I bought a bottle of framboise 750 from fitgers, a local brew pub, and they didn't have a price marked on it. I didn;t think it would be over 20 but when I went to pay it was 25 bucks. I was a little shocked. I bought it and shared it with my family so it was fun. The bottle is numbered out of about 250 and hand printed on there. it's certainly a cool bottle to have.

sonofgrok said:
The most expensive for me would be the Chimays which really aren't all that expensive and worth every penny in my book.

^^^yes my mini cabinet cellar these are the 2010 got 2 2009 left

image-2403498440.jpg

Just got some Moose Drool in the mail this morning. I had it imported from out west.

The beer was $7.68 for a six pack, (cans), and the postage was $14.20, standard post. Counting a bump for their troubles I sent a M.O. for $40. About $6.67 a can

pb

I buy a $10.00 bottle of Dragons Milk on a regular basis. I cant help it, except for homebrew it is the best beer i've ever had.

Dog Fish head word wide stout . $12 for a 12oz bottle @ 18% alc. it was good but I much rather pick up some Founders KBS @ $8 a bottle.

BLACKBEARDNY said:
Dog Fish head word wide stout . $12 for a 12oz bottle @ 18% alc. it was good but I much rather pick up some Founders KBS @ $8 a bottle.

That beer tasted like rum raisin syrup to me.. Something I would like to split 4 ways. None of the DFH beers are worth what they cost in my opinion, whether good or not.

My wonderful wife - whom I love dearly - bought and transported home from Calgary (in checked luggage), a six pack of Westie 12 with two chalices. It was $104 CND.

Perhaps over priced, but not redonkously so as far as I can tell and she doesn't know the economy of scale of the beer nerd world. She bought it on a whim. What a gal!

:mug:

The most expensive I have had was Dogfish Head 120 minute Ipa. 20 bucks for a 12oz bottle. It was totally worth it.

Bourbon County Rare. It was $55 the first time I had it, something like $200 off eBay, the second.

Last weekend, In the Pub, we just auctioned off a bottle of Brooklyn local 1 for €95 (for charity) I know that's over the top but still €95 ($123) for a bottle worth about $25 is not bad

A couple of years ago I bought some BrewDog beer that was aged in a Whiskey barrel for $17 a bottle. Interesting, but I won't be buying it again. Their Punk IPA is still one of my favorites though.

OhCrap said:
Last weekend, In the Pub, we just auctioned off a bottle of Brooklyn local 1 for €95 (for charity) I know that's over the top but still €95 ($123) for a bottle worth about $25 is not bad

Wow, it's about 7$ here.

Back