What's The Best Mustard For Spam?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuljin

I come from the water
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know we've some mustard connoisseurs here. Homebrewers love mustard. The more rare and stone ground, the more better. Bonus points if it's homade. Double bonus points if it has actual bits of ground stone in it.

I say French's plain yellow mustard is the best mustard for Spam. A good old, plain honest mustard. Yep. That's all ya need.

And hickory is a good Spam. Bacon Spam is right up there with it. Jalapeño Spam is good, but I've to be in the mood for it. Teriyaki Spam is also surpringly tasty, even though I don't care much for teriyaki flavored stuff.

I love plain yella mustard. It my favorite for a burger, and I like dipping my fries in it as well. You're on your own with spam, though!;)

dcs-1175_1z.jpg

Plain dogs get plain yellow. Brats and sausages get Brown.

I have never tried either on Spam, but I think I'd start with Brown and see how it goes.

I'm almost thinking that a nice horseradish mayo would be better. Spam is already plenty salty. Mustard would only add to that.

Only thing that goes with spam is white bread, mayonnaise (or maybe miracle hwip if you're into that sort of thing) and processed american cheese food. GTFO with this fancy mustard business.

I cut spam to get 5 slices from a can then smoke it with hot smoke for about an hour then smother it in Tabasco. Sorry it's not mustard but it's delicious.

Yellow mustard for Spam. You have to fry the Spam first. Unfried Spam is just nasty.

If you can get Weber's where you are, get some. That's my favorite mustard of all time.

Webers.png

Spam? Keep it real with plain yellow. But if you're feeling fancy...

I once got a Christmas meat/cheese gift platter thing. Can't remember the brand, but it had this Chicken Cordon Bleu mustard - wow. That stuff was amazing.

Back