What's the best deal you've ever gotten on hombrew equipment/supplies?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeastMaster

Reaction score
I scored 6 ball lock corny kegs and two taps with shanks for $80 Saturday via craigslist. Flipped three of them to pay for the rest of the materials I'd need to convert to a 5 tap kegerator.

I got 3 packs of Wyeast 4242 and 6 packs of Sake #9 from my LHBS for free. They were out of date so he didn't charge me and I decided to try to make a starter with them. The 4242 is happily fermenting my mead right now! :)

I got five 2 gallon corny kegs and three 5 gallon corny kegs for $5.00. The man wanted to give them to me for free because he wasn't going to use them anymore. He had originally paid very little for them. I told him I had to give him something for them.

Got 12 5gal ball lock and a 6 button soda gun and 20lb Co2 tank with all the hookups and like 40 gallons of soda for 200 on Craigslist

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

I answered a kijiji ad that was asking $25 for a bunch of homebrew gear. I asked several times if that was the price and it was. They even helped me drive it all home.

Among the goodies in the lot were 10 carboys, a floor corker, a Buon Vino Minijet filter unit, and lots of odds and ends. The deal was so sweet I wrote about it on my blog:

http://itswhatsontap.wordpress.com/2012/05/27/what-25-will-get-you/

I scored 6 ball lock corny kegs and two taps with shanks for $80 Saturday via craigslist. Flipped three of them to pay for the rest of the materials I'd need to convert to a 5 tap kegerator.

I do this all the time and get my brew equipment for free (or even make money).

For example I got 2 carboys, 2 wort chillers, 1 corny keg with CO2 tank and fittings, 10 gallon mash tun with stainless fittings, barley crusher, 8 gallon brew pot, 5 gallon brew pot, 50 pounds of grain and 30 bags of hops--all for $250.

Sold the carboys, wort chillers, mash tun, keg and CO2 for $350, kept the rest of it for myself, and pocketed $100.

I've got brew pots, propane burners, a counter flow chiller, kegs and CO2 tanks, grain, hops, spare funnels, hydrometers, etc, etc, all for FREE! Try it, you'll like it! :mug:

Back