What's the best/cheapest site to buy a starter kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I'd got the best price from Grape Grain and Bean on ebay- but BrewGadgets may even beat them by a couple bucks.

Look on craigslist

Now that you mention it i got some advice from someone b/c i wont use craiglist b/c of all the wackos out there but he said use a public meeting place for a transfer like Mcdonalds or something like that. Call me paranoid but it only takes one time to run into a serious crazy! and well BAAAAAD THINGS

"Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet"

I dont think i have to go into the whole lady calling 911 "can i shoot them?" phone call Im just saying becareful out there bunch of crazies and when people fall on tough times they do some crazy things!

If you have a local shop it might be worth the time to see what they offer. They may be a good resource to have the future when needed some help or buying other products. I got mine from a local shop, but I also buy online frequently as well.

Pretty sure anybody ships to canada you just have to pay tolls and fees that gets expensive for the buyer so most companies will say no but if your willing to pay and ask nice i know they will. I had this issue a few times shipping to canada(other biz i owned few years back) and it wasnt a big deal if they are willing to pay fees and tolls just give em a ring and ask. Might go through customs too so it can take weeks!

You should just do what I did. My wife's hairdresser was cleaning out his apartment and wanted to get rid of a kit someone had given him 4 or 5 years ago. He mentioned it to my wife, who knew I wanted to get into brewing. He asked for 20$ and a bottle of what I made (I have my wife bring him a bottle of just about every batch now), and that got me 2 pales, hoses, bottle capper, racking cane, bottling wand, and a hydrometer.

Best 20$ I've spent!

--Jimbot

So not really a great kit, but a cheap way to see if this hobby is for you... Sellout.woot.com has a one day deal today for a Mr Beer premium kit which includes a 2.4 gallon fermenter, 8 1 liter PET bottles, and a basic ingredients kit for $25 including shipping. If you ditch the booster in the kit and replace that with a pound of DME it will taste much better. After using that ingredients kit, you can halve 5 gallon recipe kits in the little keg or do small all grain BIAB.

Latest posts

Back