What's the best beer you have brewed to date?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Favorite which I'm making tomorrow is a traquar House Ale Clone. My first success that I've stopped making was a Orange Blossum Honey Mead.
My third favorite is Russian Imperial Stout, I was buying the wort from Dundee, Mi

I've been happy with most of my beers. Among my best was one of my first - a porter with a bit of honey. My two most recent batches, a big IPA and an American hefe, have been huge hits with my friends, but I was hoping for a little better flavor out of both. The hefe is growing on me, though...

My favorites have been my first and fourth five gallon batches. Both Pale Ales and both good. I haven't brewed many batches at all and haven't gotten to the point of duplicating beers.

I think eventually my desire to try every beer in the world will diminish and I'll be able to focus on a few specific styles. Now that the move is over and I have found a LHBS with far better prices (even for extracts) I look forward to brewing alot more.

brewt00l said:
This brew is on deck (Denny's Rye IPA), ingredients ordered. They only change in the recipe is that I substituted Cascades for the dry hop over the Columbus as they were not avail in leaf when I ordered. I am looking forward to brewing this one given all the feedback I have seen so far.

You won't be dissappointed!!!!!!!!

ameadrat said:
My Favorite which I'm making tomorrow is a traquar House Ale Clone. My first success that I've stopped making was a Orange Blossum Honey Mead.
My third favorite is Russian Imperial Stout, I was buying the wort from Dundee, Mi

What is your recipe. I use Skotrats which can be found here

http://www.skotrat.com/skotrat/recipes.cfm

My Irish Stout was a hit with the in-laws, though I'm sure I could do better with the equipment I've accumulated since then (including the two items I'm building this weekend).

I still hold that my Nierra Sevada (ala SNPA Clone) is still MY favorite personal brew, but after last nights party (about 35 family and friends) I'd have to tip my hat to my Boulevard Wheat Clone.

6 hours worth of party and we polished off all but about 3 pints out of two 5-galloon kegs. People didn't even ask what it was, they just said it was awesome and reminded them of Blvd Wheat...most of these were family who made the trip in from Kansas City (home of blvd wheat).

Back