What's on tap display .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonLaw

Reaction score
I'm looking for a way to display the beers I have on tap using a tv. Any one have any suggestions?

Raspberry pi seems to be a big one, there is a thread on here that goes through the aspects of getting it loaded on a USB if I'm not mistaken ? I forgot who is the OP lemme see if I can find it

I know I'm late to the thread, but if you're not into setting up a Raspberry Pi - You can get yourself a $30 Amazon Fire Stick and head to www.taplist.io

It's a free app with some basic functionality and the dude is pretty active in his community regards suggestions and bugs and whatnot.

Another option I've found recently is www.bevboard.com

The UI is a little more appealing and there's zero coding or need for a raspberry pi. It's subscription based but can be cancelled at any time. Basically just set and forget, works for my needs.

Ugh. 7$ per month??

Yep, sort of annoying but not bad all things considered. The usual response is 'I could build something myself like that' but the reality is everyone's time has value, I just don't want to fiddle around with options where the end result doesn't look as good.

Think of how expensive the equipment you use is, research, grain bill, time spent fermenting and crafting your shtuff. It's basically the price of a beer... nb

I'm looking for a way to display the beers I have on tap using a tv. Any one have any suggestions?

So I had been using RaspberryPints for a few years. The original project has been abandoned (no updates for 4 years) which also means it doesn't work on new installs of Raspbian (Debian Stretch).

HOWEVER, someone took forked the project and updated it to work with current versions: https://github.com/rtlindne/RaspberryPints

I haven't installed yet (still juggling projects with my RaspberryPis) but all comments say it works well and appears to function just like the original. I've been a Linux guy for close to 20 years and tinker with RPis a decent bit so the setup was fairly trivial. My local Target even carries the slightly older model if you don't want to order online. The RPi has an HDMI out so you can plug it directly into your TV.

There is also https://taplist.io/ which is free (currently), just point your browser to it and display it from your PC. But of course you would need to dedicate a computer to that for the time you want it displayed. You could also use a RPi of course but for me I'd prefer to NOT require an internet connection just for a taplist (like taplist.io requires) so RaspberryPints is the direction I'm going.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Kosch

Back