What's In Your Beer Fridge?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GraphBrew

Reaction score
Strictly Commercial...if we all list our brews we'll be here forever! :drunk:

Anyway, I had this nice half sized fridge sitting around so I cleaned it up and now use it as my beer fridge. Here's what it's stocked with at the moment...and my opinion on each of them.

5 cans of Guinness - No explaining need be done here; one of the finest beers in the world.

3 Ayinger Celebrator - Really, really good beer. I didn't expect it to be so smooth to be honest and there are a ton of under tones to pick up on.

4 Flying Dog's Raging ***** - This beer is awesome. It's a 'Belgian Style IPA' which I hadn't heard of until I seen this. At first taste I was unimpressed but a few more sips in and I was hooked. It's all IPA upfront with the sweetness of a traditional Belgian on the back end. Very good, it's almost like two beers in one and you can pick up on both styles just enough, very well balanced. It's their 20th anniversary brew and I plan on picking up a case within the next week or so.

5 Troegs Java Head - An oatmeal stout brewed with roasted expresso and Kenyan coffee at 7.5 abv? Count me in. This beer is ridiculously good. I only brought one with me to a buddy's house or I woulda drank the whole sixer. They say it only comes in 22 oz. bottles but this isn't true. If you have Troegs in your area, please pick this up. Delicious.

1 24 oz Sierra Nevada Harvest Wet Hop Ale 2009 - I love SN. Love em. Every beer they've ever made has been, IMO, awesome! This beer continues that with a rich hop character and the crisp, smooth mouthfeel that they are known for. The hop bitterness is definitely up from the SNPA that I love so much but as a Hophead I love it. I will say that 24 oz is enough for me...any more than that and I kind of lose interest.

1 Delerium Tremens - I just tried this on Friday for the first time and I must say I was expecting something different. I LOVED Nocturnom (sp?) so maybe I expected to be just as blown away by its lighter counter part. I wasn't. It is tasty with a fruity after taste and IMO would do well at dessert (I was thinking cheesecake the whole time I was drinking it lol) but it wasn't what I hoped for. I re-corked it and it's now in the back...awesome bottle though.

1 Stone Double Bastard Ale - DUDE!! I can't wait to try this tonight! I love Stone and I probably will love this one too.

Randoms: I have a few SA, a Shipyard export and about 5 Miller Chills (don't hate me, they belong to SWMBO). She tried to sneak her MGD64 in there too...I had none of that.

What's in yours?

20 bottles Blue Moon. SWMBO's favorite drink and since she can finally drink after 10 months of pregnancy I bought her a case to keep her happy.

10 cans New Belgium Ranger IPA. I love this stuff, cans are great to take fly fishing. Pack in, pack out.

4 bottles Odell IPA. Tasty, trying to come up with a recipe close to this.

12 cans Coors Light. It's probably been there at least a year, I don't drink it. Some BMC folks might though so they will just sit there until gone.

One bottle of Michelob "Bourbon Cask" that will probably still be there the next time we see Jesus.

2-3floyds gumball head, some crappy honey wheat, 3-flying dog barleywine, i'm getting low

I keep a 6-er of something hoppy in there to help calm SWMBO down when the keg of constantly-on-tap homebrewed APA kicks, and I think there might be a couple of bottles of Highland Brewing Company's Oatmeal Porter in the back of the fridge that I bought while waiting for my own porter to carb up.

There's generally not much commercial beer in the house.

BMC leftovers from a party and a few bottles of Victory's Hop Wallop.

In the cellar, though - Hoppin' Frog's Barrel Aged BORIS The Crusher (one bottle of each batch), their Hop Dam IIIPA, and DORIS The Destroyer, Founder's KBS and Nemesis, 3F Dark Lord 2009, SA Triple Bock '97, North Coast Old Rasputin XII, Rogue XS RIS and a bunch of homebrew.

20 bottles Blue Moon. SWMBO's favorite drink and since she can finally drink after 10 months of pregnancy I bought her a case to keep her happy.

10 cans New Belgium Ranger IPA. I love this stuff, cans are great to take fly fishing. Pack in, pack out.

4 bottles Odell IPA. Tasty, trying to come up with a recipe close to this.

12 cans Coors Light. It's probably been there at least a year, I don't drink it. Some BMC folks might though so they will just sit there until gone.

man, they bottle Ranger, is that a colorado only thing? we get fat tire in cans but that is it.

oh right, what's in the fridge

Vertical EPIC 090909
SN Life and Limb
stone old gaurdian
Green Flash west coast IPA
SN celebration
NB mighty arrow
I think that is it for the fridge, I have more in the cellar (back bedroom) like some old rasputin, bigfoot, jubelale, NB tripel w/coriander, and a whole bunch more that I can't remember.

Lots of stuff off the top of my head (work day can't end fast enough)

Cantillon Classic Geueze (case)
Hannsens Artisanaal Oude Geuze (half case)
Boon Oude Geuze
Boon Framboise
Duchesse de Bourgogne (half case)
Panil Barriquee
Etienne Dupont Cidre Bouche Brut (Organic - three 750mls)
Monk's Cafe Sour Flemish Ale
PBC Joe Coffee Porter
Great Lakes variety pack (Elliot Ness, Edmund Fitzgerald, Dortmunder Gold
Woodchuck Oak Aged Cider
Troegs Nugget Nectar
Oskar Blues Mama's Little Yella Pils
Oskar Blues GUBNA
Big Sky Moose Drool
Urbock 23
JW Lees Harvest Ale Vintage 1999
Harviestoun Ola Dub Special 30 (2007)
Sly Fox Odyssey
Flying Dog Raging ***** Belgian IPA
Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Obscura
The Bruery Saison de Lente
Bear Republic Racer 5
Magic Hat Howl
Sierra Nevada Glissade
Gordon Biersch Blonde Bock
Gordon Biersch Maibock
Ninkasi Tricerahops
Allagash White
Allagash Four
21st Amendment IPA
21st Amendment Monk's Blood

I'm certain there are others I'm forgetting. Most of these are just a bottle or two left from an old sixpack, or ones I've traded for. I travel a lot for work, so I get to purchase in various states and trade with those who are static.

I gotta say this thread is making me real thirsty, and I long to get home to that fridge.

In order of which like most to like least...

1 - Otter Creek Imperial IPA
2 - Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPAs
18 - Otter Creek Stovepipe Porters
2 - Dogfish Head Aprihops
1 - Stone Imperial Russian Stout
1 - Sam Adams Double Bock

I was terribly disappointed in the Stone IRS...I bought two thinking I was going to love it because I love stout and it just didn't taste as great as I expected. :mug:

Oh and not in the fridge...a couple of cans of Tusker "Finest Quality Lager" I brought back from Kenya and will probably never drink. :mug:

*clears throat, looks at the ground, mumbles*

2 22oz cans of Molson Canadian

What can I say, all I drink is my homebrew. Haven't purchased beer in 6 months (except at a bar)>

4 12oz bottles SN Bigfoot
2 12oz Rogue Mocha Porter
1 12oz Lagunitas IPA
A case of Natural Light cans (Drink during band practice)
6 or so 12oz Corona bottles (Left from a party last year, prob should be tossed out)

half a 12 pack of sam adams spring somethingorother(swmbo, but i like it)

1 Starr Hill "the love" (american wheat)

1 dogfishhead 60

1 dogfishhead raison`

1 gordon beirsch maibock

1-Victory Yakima Twilight(saving for my birthday in July)
1-Victory Storm King(also my birthday)
2-Sam Adam's Noble Pils(decent pilsner but I've found its no cheaper than my favorite Prima Pils)

4-Yuengling Lager cans(great beer to make bratwurst with)

Hmm...

Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (much better than the Draught cans or bottles)
Left Hand Deep Cover Brown Ale
Terrapin Rye Pale Ale
Terrapin India Brown Ale
Southern Star Buried Hatchet Stout
Bell's Pale Ale
Red Hook Long Hammer IPA
Bell's Third Coast Old Ale

I think that is about it.

Hmm...

Guinness Foreign Extra Stout (much better than the Draught cans or bottles)
Left Hand Deep Cover Brown Ale
Terrapin Rye Pale Ale
Terrapin India Brown Ale
Southern Star Buried Hatchet Stout
Bell's Pale Ale
Red Hook Long Hammer IPA
Bell's Third Coast Old Ale

I think that is about it.

Where do you get Deep Cover in IL!?!?!?! (oddly enough I'm from Huntley, so I'm right next door). That is my all time favorite beer and I can never find it around here!!

Oh and I have:
Victory Hop Devil
Dogfishead 90 min
Flying Dog Belgian IPA
Rogue Chipotle Ale

Let's see...

Garage Beer-only fridge (pretty empty right now since spring has just sprung, had to keep it empty for the winter, hate broken bottles due to freezing): 6 pack of Sam Adams Noble Pils, Weyerbacher fireside ale, some random bottles of stuff people brought and didn't drink

Kitchen fridge: Goose Island Stockyard Oatmeal Stout, Moo Thunder stout, More Sam Adams Noble Pils

Wine Cooler (cellaring): Goose Island Bourbon County Stout, SN Bigfoot, Firestone Walker 13th Anniversary, Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, DFH World Wide Stout, 2 Life and Limb, Westvelteren 12, 2008 Deschutes Abyss, 2009 Deschutes Abyss, 2009 Deschutes Mirror Mirror, and a bottle of my 1st round NHC award winning Old Ale...

One of these days I'll start drinking out of that cooler, and I'll be happy, until it's all gone, then I'll be sad...

• 4 bottles of year-old Bud Light Lime. The person who brought it didn't want it back.
  • 1 bottle of some Captain Morgan Parrot juice or some such nonsense. (A lot of people leave stuff at my parties)
  • 1 bottle of Beck's. I think it was here when I moved in a year ago.
  • 2 bottles of Genny Cream Ale (wanted to compare to my own - mine's better)
  • 1 bottle of DFH60 - Damned fine IPA, gonna try Yooper's clone recipe soon
  • 1 bottle of Kelpie. Mmmmmm.... Kelpie.
  • 1 bomber of Rogue Cap'n Sig's Northwestern Ale (Between that and the Shakespeare Stout I ought to get me some Pacmans)
  • 2 bottles DFH Chickory Stout -- I remember that tasting better.
  • 2 bottles SA Old Fezziwig Ale -- Got it in a sampler and just don't like it.
  • 1/2 growler of Horseheads Brewing Co. Chocolate Porter -- MMMmmmm...

12 Leinenkugel Summer Shandy, SWMBO beer
10 New Holland Brewing Poet Oatmeal Stout
4 Great Lakes Brewry Edmond Fitzgerald Brown Ale
4 Some craft brew I can't remember vanilla porter

Some in the fridge and some aging at cellar temps.
2 - DeSchuttes Once a Decade Ale
2 - Ale Smith Speedway Stout
1 - Russian River Damnation
1 - Russian River Pliny the Elder
1 - New Belgium Lips of Faith - La Folie Sour Brown Ale
1 - Avery Mephistopheles Stout
4 - Bell's Double Cream stout
8 - Bell's Hopslam
4 - Founders Double trouble (IIPA)
12 - Founders 2010 KBS
2 - Bells Cherry Stout
2 - Bells Kalamazoo Stout
3 - Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree (12% IPA)
1 - DH Blueberry Stout
6 - Bells Oberon
1 - New Holland Dragons Milk
4 - Dark Horse Raspberry Ale
2 - Bells Consecrator Dopplebock
1 - life and limb
1 - Russian pliny the elder
1 - Old rasputin imperial stout
1 - Russian river blind pig
1 - Port Brewing Old Viscosity
1 - Green Flash IIPA
1 - Deschutes The Abyss
1 - Deschutes Black Butte XX1
1 - Yeti Oak Aged 09
1 - Jolly Pumpkin Madrugada Stout
1 - DFH 120min
1 - Russian River Supplication

Tomorrow I am picking up a SN 30th, New Holland El Mole Ocho, and New Holland Envious.

Also looking to make a trade for any of these if someone can get me stuff that I can't normally get (west coast stuff/3 floyds)

4 - Bell's Double Cream stout
8 - Bell's Hopslam
4 - Founders Double trouble (IIPA)
12 - Founders 2010 KBS
2 - Bells Cherry Stout
2 - Bells Kalamazoo Stout
3 - Dark Horse Double Crooked Tree (12% IPA)
1 - DH Blueberry Stout
6 - Bells Oberon
1 - New Holland Dragons Milk
4 - Dark Horse Raspberry Ale
2 - Bells Consecrator Dopplebock

Where do you get Deep Cover in IL!?!?!?! (oddly enough I'm from Huntley, so I'm right next door). That is my all time favorite beer and I can never find it around here!!

Oh and I have:
Victory Hop Devil
Dogfishead 90 min
Flying Dog Belgian IPA
Rogue Chipotle Ale

Sadly to say I got it while I am here at school in Dayton, OH and not back in IL, sorry.

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Sam Adams Octoberfest
Woodchuck Spring Cider
Stone Brewery Old Guardian
Willamsburg's Grand Illumination Ale
Orval
Chimay White
Chimay Blue
Dominion Oak Barrel Stout
Katlenburger Mead

..aaaand some wines the wife put in and I can't remember...

I think I am down to:
Pyramid Blonde
Mission St. (Trader Joe's brand) Blonde

Research I was doing for a Blonde I have fermenting right now. I went a different direction and made a Belgian Blonde though :D

edit: Firestone Solace

North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout
Bell's Two Hearted Ale
Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale
Guinness
Founder's Red's Rye P.A.
Leinenkugel's Apple Spice (I don't know how it got there and it won't go away.)

Stoned Smoked Porter bomber, 2 bottles from a Unibroue sampler (Maudite & La Fin Du Monde I think), a few bottles of Pete's Wicked Ale and I think there is some Bohemia left as well.

Don't buy much beer but:

Steamwhistle (left here, I only think it tastes good fresh, otherwise it's skunked)
Red Stripe (Bought it for the stubbies, it's decent with a snack)
Guinness
Rickards Red (I'm a sucker for this, it's my dad's beer, at least he had decent taste)
DFH 60 Min IPA
Maudite
Fin Du Monde
Blanche De Chambly (I love Unibroue)

Just had a Red Stripe with some popcorn to make studying bearable.

Homebrew
Homebrew
Bell's hopslam
DFH 90 min
1 bottle of Budweiser ale that I'm "aging"
1 bottle piton from St. Lucia from our honey moon that is probably skunked now.
At least a case of Miller lite that has been sitting around since last summer.
Just drank the bottle of Stone Ruination

Edit: F it. I'm going to drink one of the cans of miller lite right now. Ice cold out of the can!!!

SWMBO keeps Mike's Hard Cherry/Pomegranate Lemonade in stock. While good, it gives me a stomach ache...

A lonely can of PBR...
Carboy of British barleywine
Some Kolschstyles
A tasty wheel of vermont cheddar cheese
some Massachusetts maple syrup + some tasty brews from BBC Deerfield, MA
unfortunately a fridge full of once frozen growlers and bombers that leaked out when i accidently turned on the freezer...oops!
and last but not least.. a jar of yeasty beastys from the local brewpub

What is that..... like high school marching band or something?

Nah, just that I don't do any bottling, and im not going to bring expensive brew to share with the other guys in the band, although the drummer is a homebrewer.
I spent a lot of time at the maryland shore when I was younger where the bars all sold Nat Light cans two for a dollar or so, but didn't advertise that fact. Just an insiders deal for locals, so I got pretty used to it. It's the epitome of the old "sex in a canoe" analogy.

Guinness Extra Stout-5
Yuengling Bock-5
Yuengling Lager-5
Dundee Honey Brown Lager-5
MGD for those who visit-10 cans
Yards ESA, Pale Ale, IPA, and Brawler a couple of each
a couple of barleywines
SA winter lager-4
Mad Elf-5 my wifes favorite sipping beer at night
Rogue Mocha Porter-2
Wild Blue-2
Hoegaarden-4
and 2 or 3 of everything in my sig

I'm lucky my wife has a freezer and her own wine fridge so I claimed our entire basement fridge

2-4 james ready and got another one comin on my birthday. waiting for equipment money for my own homebrew. i like my JR but i miss the IPA i used to help my buddy make

1 bottle of Budweiser ale that I'm "aging"

WIN.

i did age a anheuser-busch beer one time. my ex gave me a brew master's private reserve dopplebock for my birthday one year. it was pretty good.

my actual fridge only has a half handle of whiskey, some green tea and a half loaf of bread.

beer cellar: 2 07 worldwide stouts, 2 07 raison d'extra, 2 black butte xxi, vertical epics 555/666/777/888 (drank all my 999's need to find one of those), 2 08 stone ris, 09 old guardian, 08 olde school barleywine, great divide barrel aged hibernation, 07 and 08 barrel aged old ruffian, 09 oak aged yetti, 09 killer penguin, 05 xxx warlock, rr supplication and 2 guiness extra stouts (dont know how those got in there).

Back