What's cooking tonight?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
I'm drinking a nice English Pale Ale and getting ready to slap a couple of pork tenderloins on the egg. I first rinsed the tenderloins with water, patted dry with a paper towel, then drizzled with VOO, and sprinkled liberally with Dizzy Dust, then put back in the fridge to marinate for a few hours.

PorkTenderloin1.JPG

Now I've got the egg fired up to 375 degrees, and I'll grill them direct for about 30 minutes till they reach 145 degrees internal.

PorkTenderloin2.JPG

Hmm. Time for some more beer.

Going to the pub tonight...probably going to have some fries and maybe cheese and a lot of beer.

We're baking pies right now. No clue what's for dinner. Beer o'clock has already come and gone, but I have a boozefest to attend in about 40 minutes.

i just finished up a beef stroganoff using ground venision instead. i'm sipping on a delicious english barleywine i made back in june. life is good!:mug:

Gotta love those Pork Tenderloins from Costco. Very lean pork, so I cook it hot and fast. These puppies were done in under 30 minutes.

PorkTenderloin4.JPG

I almost stabbed SWMBO as she was snacking from the cutting board.

PorkTenderloin5.JPG

We made short work of these tonight. It's good to be back cooking
on the Big Green Egg! Now for another beer!

Adolphus79 said:
Tonight was quick and easy, Sloppy Joes, French fries & SA Winter Lager....

Man, I have not had Sloppy Joes in ages. Hmmm, perhaps on Sunday for lunch. Tomorrow is Turkey Day, Friday is Maple Glazed Salmon, Saturday is Alamo Drafthouse Day, Hmmm.

I made garlic chicken (cut up chicken breasts sauteed with garlic) and spaetzle. Damn that was a good dinner,

Garlic tears my tummy up though, I'll be gassy all night now. :D

Looks great, WTF is dizzy dust. I use Cactus Dust or make my own rub when I have time.

Just put tomorrows bird in a brine, think I am going to put it on the pellet grill.

SuperiorBrew said:
Looks great, WTF is dizzy dust. I use Cactus Dust or make my own rub when I have time.

DizzyDustx200.jpg

Dizzy Dust is a fantastic rub from Dizzy Pig BBQ. Their rubs just rock! They come highly recommended and have the EdWort seal of approval!

Yeah, you think your's is good Edwort. When SWMBO gets home, we are having Chicken Helper Fried Rice, TOP THAT!!

OK, you beat me, those tenderloins look awesome, thanks for sharing.

EdWort said:
Saturday is Alamo Drafthouse Day, Hmmm.

I love Alamo!!! Myself and SWMBO go there once every two weeks or so and always come home with two growlers of tasty brew! And thanks to you Ed, we started a monthly tradition of going to Uncle Billy's and coming home with growlers from there as well. Gotta love Austin!!

Tonight is Maple Glazed Salmon! I also am cooking up a big pot of Turkey Frame soup. Man does the house smell good today. Boilded up the carcass of that 20 lb. bird along with some spices & onions, simmered for two hours, then strained the broth into another pot, added diced carrots, celery, onions, mushroom, cabbage, and cubed turkey meat. Hmm good soup. I haven't done this a long time. It used to be a tradition. I'm glad I started again.

So, for tonights Maple Glazed Salmon, I take a nice skinless Salmon filet, rinse it with water, pat dry with a paper towel and cut into portions. This here is just under 2 lbs. of fish.

Salmon-1.jpg

I then liberally sprinkle Dizzy Pig Ragin River Rub on all sides. I let this kinda melt in while I fire up the grill. I'm also going to drizzle a mixture of 50% melted butter & 50% real maple syrup on the filets when they are almost done cooking.

Salmon-2.jpg

Next is on the grill.....

I cook on a raised grid at 350-375 for about 20 minutes the first side, then flip. Wait 5 minutes then drizzle the glaze.

Salmon-3.jpg

We topped off tonights dinner with a slice of Pumpkin Cheesecake from Costco. This stuff rocks and we've always had one of these
instead of Pumpkin Pie. I paired it with a Widmer Snow Plow for SWMBO. She did not like the pairing. Oh well, I guess I'll have to drink it.

Dessert.jpg

Another good meal before I start traveling.

Oh, man, I had some salad and a can of soup for dinner. Grrrr.....

I am about to have some good beer to try to redeem the evening.

Here's what's cooking right now:

4688-turkey1.jpg

4688-turkey2.jpg

4688-turkey3.jpg

SWMBO wanted Thanksgiving leftovers, but we had dinner at a friend's place on Turkey Day. So, I'm frying up an 8 lb bird seasoned with a Cajun rub and injected with Cajun butter.

As a side note - Ed, I almost have SWMBO talked into a BGE. We're gonna splurge next year after we settle into the new location.

EdWort said:
Sweet! Nice compound too! Good on the safety items too!

Is that a laser thermometer?
I've seen/heard too many turkey frying horror stories not to take it pretty seriously. It's no big deal if you do it right.

That's an infrared thermometer with a laser sight. It works great for finding the surface temp of any semi-opaque substance.

We're off to Alamo Drafthouse for pizza, a pitcher of beer (or 2) and a movie. Daughter's idea, so she gets to play designated driver on the way home. :mug:

Looks great Yuri! Just got the family back from the Drafthouse. We saw August Rush. Good movie! All enjoyed it.

Had this two nights ago. I had some fresh home-grown arugula that I wanted to use right away. Grilled a butterflied chicken breast using my standard pantry-style rub (everything in the spice cabinet into the rub!). Grilled off thin fillets of zucchini and onion. Topped with grated romano and an ancho-chile viniagrette. (Arugula is under the chicken, btw).

9248-IMG_1051.JPG

Back