What would you brew given these ingredients?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turfgrass

Reaction score
Hi. Found a little extra time to brew this week and i’d like to brew with what’s at the house. My tastes are for pale ales and IPAs. Any suggestions on what to brew given these ingredients? Smash maybe. Thx

Pkt US-04

2 row
Munich light
Crystal 15, 40, 60
Flaked wheat
White wheat
Carafoam

Simcoe
Centennial
Amarillo

IPA. 2 row, a little Munich for a little more malt flavor. Maybe a little of the flaked wheat for head retention? Not sure about that.

Simcoe for bittering
Centennial and Amarillo late and for a dry hop.

IPA. 2 row, a little Munich for a little more malt flavor. Maybe a little of the flaked wheat for head retention? Not sure about that.

Simcoe for bittering
Centennial and Amarillo late and for a dry hop.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Maybe use the carafoam for head retention instead of wheat, though that wouldn't be a bad option either.

Agree with adding some c15 and I’m a bigger fan of late simcoe and earlier centennial

2-row, 10% munich, 4% C15 (or a blend of C15 and C40) to 1.056.
A mix of Amarillo, Centennial and Simcoe at 20 minutes, 10 minutes, flameout and dry hop.
About 2g/L total @20, 4g/L@10, 4g/L@0 minutes. Aim for about 40IBU. 2g/L Dryhop.
Ditch the S-04 and get some US05 or Nottingham.

Back