what will YOU do with your tax return?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a stirstarter before SWMBO new it,But today I bought her a $500 treadmill,caught up on some bills.After my new tires on the Exploder I`ll have about 200 bucks left for some
ingredients and maybe a new MT and HLT and then it`s gone.

sudsmcgee said:
I guess I should change my filing status. I'm getting a metric crapload back two years in a row.

Low tax bracket.

Apparently I will pay a bill to the government that I did not know about. Got a big surprise when the deposit dint not hit the bank account..

I guess I should change my filing status. I'm getting a metric crapload back two years in a row.

I used to get over $5K back but my tax guy cousin told me for each "1" represents about $800. So the next year I changed to "4" and still got back $3K+. Now I'm at "7" and pretty much break even.

Two things I once heard and will always remember:
1) Save at least 10% of all you ever earn.
2) Never let anyone use your money for free.

wolverinebrewer said:
I used to get over $5K back but my tax guy cousin told me for each "1" represents about $800. So the next year I changed to "4" and still got back $3K+. Now I'm at "7" and pretty much break even.

Two things I once heard and will always remember:
1) Save at least 10% of all you ever earn.
2) Never let anyone use your money for free.

+1. I was told claim 1 for each 40k you owe on your mortgage to break even. I claim 4 and get back around 5ish. Should bump it to break even but like the forced savings even if its 0%. Bc I can't touch it.

I set my up my finances so that I owe a little every year on my taxes. I don't allow the DOPES in Washington to have essentially an interest free loan of my money! I don't look at getting a huge tax refund as a good thing.

Finish building the keezer and then maybe a braumeister? Torn between that and a vacation

No tax return I'm self employed. Still gotta get my stuff together. Fun times!

We owe 9 dollars to the federal government this year, and God knows they'll come after it.

Gonna buy her a shiny piece of coal, and go on vacation for spring break. From the sounds of it I gotta try talking her into eloping! ;)

Back