What was the best gift you got when you graduated highschool?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seiko Kinetic watch from my parents. 15 year class reunion is in a couple months, and I still wear that watch every day.

The "favor" I got from my freshman in college girlfriend. Oh and my godfather letting me take the jag for the weekend. It was a quad headlight XJ with the V12. For a car guy it was almost more memorable than the "Favor".

I got a congrats card, thats it.

My younger brother the very next year got a 2 week all expenses paid trip to Europe.

Thanks Mom & Dad !

Cheers :mug:

Who gets gifts for doing what you're supposed to? I wish I got gifts for expected things.

Well, not relying on your parents might count as a gift, but I've had a job since I was 14.
So do you turn down bonuses at work, as well? After all, that's a gift for doing what you're supposed to.

Nix, zip, diddly, bupkas, niente.
Got nothing for High School graduation, and for that matter nothing for 16th birthday, no help when I moved out of the house, no help with college, in fact I recieved no gifts from my parents whatsoever for any birthday or Christmas beyond 8th grade.

The only gift I got was one that I gave myself:
The satisfaction that I would never have to deal with any of those a$$holes ever again.
My parents celebrated by charging me rent.

I don't remember any gifts when I graduated high school OR college. But, when I completed my master's degree, my Mother bought me a Sears Craftsman 10 inch radial arm saw!!! That was over thirty years ago, and it still works great! Love that saw!

glenn514:mug:

Latest posts

Back