What was I thinking 2 years ago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnickASaurusRex

Reaction score
I was going through some old bottles and cleaning and sanitizing them. I found four bottles with about a quarter inch of liquid in the bottom. They were capped and they were not leaky (audible Pffft when they were opened). The liquid was yeasty and had a strong acetobacter smell. I dumped them and sanitized them already.

For the life of me I have no idea what I was doing or thinking then.

Any ideas.

That's why they call it dope!! :rockin: No, seriously, maybe you were trying to collect enough yeast from bottles to make a starter or something.

Maybe you where bottling while drunk. You wouldmt believe the things that I thought would work while bottling with a buzz. Or maybe you were just a nOOb and completely retarded?

Ninjas, Denny. Silent, drunken ninjas.

I'm thinking silent and drunken is an oxymoron....silent ninjas are cool, drunken ninjas are hilarious. I have yet to meet anyone who can be both drunken and silent. Plus, drunken ninjas are getting dangerously close to pirate characteristics.....

Just doing my part to promote a pirate vs ninja thread.

Do you have kids? HWMBC tells stories of opening his dad's brews, drinking & recapping. sometimes they would drink half & refill with water sometimes they would just recap and put in the back of the fridge that way his dad reaches them when he's already drunk & doesn't notice.

When I got to the end of the bottling line, and couldn't fill the last bottle all the way, I'd cap it anyhow...

No... No kids, I think at least.

The caps all had several little codes. I think I was doing some experiment, but dam if I can remember.

I need to start writing this stuff down. I once forgot a prize winning BBQ sauce recipe because I was too lazy to take notes.

You discovered the elixier of life, a potion giving longevity of life and instant sex appeal to beautiful women all around the world. While in a dream-like state, you made the stuff, but unfortunately never got to drink it since having forgotten the dream. Then you poured it away and sanitised the bottles, the recipe never to be discovered again. DOH!

Back