What varieties of hops have the widest usefulness in beer brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powchekny

Reaction score
I'm just beginning brewing (and loving it). I'm also an avid gardener, so I thought I might put in two varieties of hops in my garden. I like the way the plants look, and I hope to reap the rewards some day :)

My question: Which two varieties should I plant along my twenty feet of south facing fence for the widest usefulness in brewing?

Wow. Who'd have thought...? I didn't even search for it because it seemed like a terribly off-the-wall sort of question. Thanks for the link.

thanks,

Pow

I like fuggles as a versatile hop, but I was also thinking of starting some vines this year, and based on what I read, people like me would do well to start with Cascade or Willamette. I don't have as much a "green" thumb as a "black thumb of death" but I really enjoy gardening.

Those two varieties are supposed to be rather hardy, forgiving, and disease resistant.

Latest posts

Back