What Type Should I Grow?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

t-bag

Reaction score
Ok so i live in southern california. Im making a pyramid trellis that allows for four varieties. i like wheat beers, ipa's, and most ales(brown,porter,stout etc). i was already considering Cascade and Hallertau for the wheat beers and others, but i need to others. I love IPAs and fruit beers too what should i grow.?

I second that! Centennial, Chinook and Cascade will cover your IPAs. Fuggle or Hallertauer would round it out nicely.

Willamettes are hardy and seem to be an easy variety to grow well. They're very similar to Fuggles and work in a wide variety of beers.

+1 to Centennial, Chinook and Cascade. I also like the Fuggle. If you plant a rhizome in the center of the pyramid growing straight up, you could have FIVE varieties! There's your Hallertau!

I am trying Williamette, Centennial & Cascade.. wish i had a list of all the beers that contain only these..

Back