What to make with left over keggle parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven9026

Reaction score
Just finished cutting the top off of another keggle and was wondering what others have made out of the left over parts. I've seen where others have use the top to make a false bottom. What about the dip tube ? Any other projects that can be made using these parts?

I have two spare dip tubes I'm going to use to cover the silicone lines leading to and from the pump. Partly because I worry about the flame getting too close and melting the silicone, mostly because I haven't found anything else to do with them.

I think someone here made a mash paddle out of one before.

Yup, I did.

ForumRunner_20120405_180047.jpg

ForumRunner_20120405_180040.jpg

Great idea!!! I'm doing that to BOTH my dip tubes this weekend! I might save one top with the idea of using it as a false bottom if my Mash tun fix doesn't work. Thanks for the idea!

I used my dip tube as a protective cover for my sight glass. I trimmed it to length and cut a window in the front and a notch in the top (originally the bottom) for the upper support. The shoulder fit perfectly over the sight glass fitting. I was able to push the keg's "ball" into the dip tube as a dust cover.

7554-keggle.jpg
7552-dip-tube-protector.jpg

raouliii said:
I used my dip tube as a protective cover for my sight glass. I trimmed it to length and cut a window in the front and a notch in the top (originally the bottom) for the upper support. The shoulder fit perfectly around the thermometer/sight glass T-fitting. I was able to push the keg's "ball" into the dip tube as a dust cover.

That is BEAUTIFUL!

I've actually repurposed the handles in the ring (I cut my keggle different) to be used as handles again. Works great and doesn't budge when keggle is full.

image-1257973486.jpg

image-1183518389.jpg

Back