What To Do With A Vanilla Bean

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSmithsEra

Reaction score
I have a rum soaked vanilla bean unused and i'd like to ask for any ideas of what to brew with it.

I don't want to just go with the standard vanilla porter. I'd like some far out ideas if possible, something to get contrast whatever I come up with.

:fro:

Vanilla strawberry pineapple chocolate stout. Aka banana split stout. Lol that's the wackiest I could do.

Vanilla Pale Ale. Ass Kisser makes one and it's actually not too bad.

Well this is a good one, maybe with some heavy galaxy additions.

Thanks everyone for the ideas!! banana split stout lol wow

almost as whacky as that IPA!

any others?

I have a vanilla bean soaking in vodka that i'm adding to a 6.5% abv porter in a week or so.

I do a nice oatmeal stout aged on Bourbon soaked vanilla beans and toasted french oak. It is amazing.

Maybe a mango-cream ale? Toss in some mango puree and that vanilla extract and put some lactose in it as well? Could be pretty yummy.

My wife and I were just talking about a Vanilla Orange ale. :mug:

Just toss it in a batch of Dunkelweizen

Maybe a mango-cream ale? Toss in some mango puree and that vanilla extract and put some lactose in it as well? Could be pretty yummy.

Now we're talking. . .Great ideas thank you

A bean isn't going to go far. Growler size batch?

I thought 1 bean was a lot for a 5 gallon batch based off warnings from other brewers. Seems like a lot for just one bean . .how much would you add to 5 gallons?

Back