What to do if recipe calls for 3 month bottle conditioning if you are kegging instead.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poofypuma

Reaction score
I apologize if this has been asked before as I am new to this forum as well as relatively new to brewing altogether. I am currently making an Abbey Christmas Ale for the holidays. The recipe calls for priming and bottle conditioning for 3 months. I have a keg and a kegerator and wish to use that instead. Would I just leave the beer in its secondary fermenter for 3 months and then keg it? Do I keg it and carbonate it and leave it for 3 months?

The big thing I’m asking is what is the best way to allow it to do its thing for 3 months before its ready to serve.

You can do either one...no real reason to transfer to secondary fermentor unless you are adding adjuncts to it.

I would keg it and carb it and let it sit in that kegerator for three months...unless you need space for other beers!

Thanks for the info! I already have it in a secondary fermenter and my current keg is still being used for my previous beer. If its okay just leaving it in the fermenter, I will just leave it until Christmas and then Keg it for New Years.

Thanks again for the info!

Back