What to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bean

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
tonight I kegged a bunch of brew and am now looking for some recipes / ideas on what to brew next.

I have lots of time since I just kegged so much so brews that would finish up around June, July or even later would be great.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone !!

tonight I kegged a bunch of brew and am now looking for some recipes / ideas on what to brew next.

I have lots of time since I just kegged so much so brews that would finish up around June, July or even later would be great.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone !!

Good time of year for a Kolsch. You could lager it through spring and have a refreshing summer beer.

A big beer seems to be on the plate here. The Belgian Strong Recipes section of this site might be worth a look. I particularly like the Dragonmead (or however you spell it) recipe up there. It's a Belgian tripel that could probably stand a few months of aging. A bunch of those Belgians could be fun to do, especially if you want to try something that requires time, like using bugs or other wacky yeast strains.

Another fun option might be a Russian Imperial Stout. Make just a huge beast that would be perfect to crack open as the days turn cold in October. You could do an oaked version by letting it sit on cubes for a couple of months.

Considering the amount of time you have, my mind just keeps coming back to beers that need aging.

Good luck!

I vote for something BIG. A nice RIS, or Belgian Golden Strong, Wee Heavy, Barleywine... Lots of options!

Consider adding oak and/or bourbon, if you like them. It's a fun way to spice up a big beer!

And I would do them in bottles. I know kegging is easier, but with bottles, you can shelf the beer and enjoy it for months without tying up a keg, and you will want to give some away, since it will be a "special" beer.

If you do brew something big, the best plan would be to brew up a smaller beer, and then pitch right on top of that yeast. BAM! Maybe do a Belgian Pale Ale then pitch a Strong on top.

Latest posts

Back