What to brew next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cjtabares

Reaction score
I currently am aging a chocolate coffee stout and am thinking about what I want to brew next. I am looking for something different and fun to brew. I want to brew something not so common but it will only be my 6th brew I think and the stout was my first partial mash So nothing supper difficult. Everything I have made so far where kits and I do like the idea of making my own recipes but have no clue where to start :eek:

Thanks for any help :mug:

Do you have any ingredients on hand that would give you a starting point? Do you have a particular style of beer you really like or one you just can't stand?

yup turned out real nice . . . but I did it as an extract cuz I was being lazy and didnt want to drag out my mash tun

get weird with it, if you are scared do small batches. make it fun
best case scenario you're a genius with awesome beer . . . worst case scenario you learned that a combination didnt work and you get to brew again

No I do not have anything on hand. Still trying to figure out what beers I like best :-/. I do like the taste of Hazed and infused but it is missing something I think the beer it self might be a little watery. I was thinking a heavier beer with a good hop taste. Sorry still kind of new at this and to tell the truth I like the brewing more then the drinking, but don't get me wrong I do like to drink the beer.

Do you mind sharing your recipe?

I didnt keep notes but knowing the way I do things go with . . .
6lbs generic light DME
1 oz EK Goldings at 60, 30 and 5 minutes
and your favorite English yeast

I do remember for the chips I used about 1 oz soaked in vodka.
I dumped them in the secondary when racking over and let the beer sit on them for 2 weeks prior to bottling

My funnel has a screen on it so I just dumped them in and didnt worry about a bag or chunks or what not

NP

One thing you have to remember is not matter what anyone tells you . . . this **** aint that hard. Make what ya ant and if you are worried about screwing a batch up do a small batch first . . .

Honestly other then the stuff I normally keep in the fridg i dont make 5 gallon batches anymore . . . that way I get to brew twice as much

I completely agree with you. After watching Basic Brewing's 6 pack IPA video podcast, I was inspired to try small batches of my own in the near future.

I completely agree with you. After watching Basic Brewing's 6 pack IPA video podcast, I was inspired to try small batches of my own in the near future.

honestly this summer I'm throwing out my tool bench and building a 2.5 gallon brewery bench . . .

Back