What the hell is PROST??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
prost.png.jpg

Actually, it's not cheers. It literally means toast. According to a drinking show I saw. I'm 1/4 German, but no zero of the language.

Prost this Prost that...........What does this mean???
When I asked what "SWIMBO" meant you guys railed me!!!!! Brewvy asks what "prost" means and you give him the answer?!?!?!?!?!? Are you guys getting soft in your old age?:)

When I asked what "SWIMBO" meant you guys railed me!!!!! Brewvy asks what "prost" means and you give him the answer?!?!?!?!?!? Are you guys getting soft in your old age?:)

Because it's clear we like him better than you :p

Seriously because Prost is NOT an acronym where the answer are actuually easily searchable, and not only that there are TWO stickeys at the top of the forum call "acronyms" and "Often used slang" or something like that, and where there are ton of OTHER threads asking what Swambo is. Like once a month. So that's why we like to play with anyone who doesn't bother to look, at the answers CLEARLY around them (good naturedly of course.)

Prost is NOT easily found on here, and in fact I can only recall one other thread, maybe 2-3 years back, when TX installed the prost button. So really searching would not have easily found the answer....therefore we took pity on the poor soul and decided to help him.

Or we just like the ole "I'm gonna build a mashtun hot tub" codger better, because he is slightly nuts, and god favors those types of folks, according to the old Irish tales.

neener.gif

Same as "Kampai!" in Japanese. Which, literally is "Empty the cup," so the most literal equivalent in English would be "bottoms up." However, there are so many things, and in all languages, that are not literal. It's all "Cheers!"

Back