What size size threads for Pfister pull-down spray head?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwc_617

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I am tired of transporting my brew water by hand, so I want to hook a garden hose to my Pfister Hanover pull-down faucet. Apparently this is a closely guarded secret because Pfister Customer Service (I use the term loosely) says "We did not design our pull-down faucets for that purpose" and they will not provide the thread size information. The Blue Box Store (a Pfister distributor) was also clueless. I thought I had cracked the code with 3/4x27 threads, but that is only for a Pfister side sprayer, so my shiny new 3/4x27-to-55/64x27 adapter will not fit. (55/64x64 to garden hose is the easy part.) Anyone have any clues? Here are pictures. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418444950.266518.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1418444978.736741.jpg

--Rob C
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."
Ferris Bueller, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, 1986.

rwc617.........You have a plumbing supply house anywhere near you?

If so, carry your parts there, and see what they can do to help you match it up.

There is one near me, and when I walk around in there looking, I see fittings and unions and what not, that I never knew existed, and I've been working with things pneumatic, hydraulic, oxygen, and mechanical since 'bout 1978 !

I will admit that I haven't tried that. Most trade supply houses here are only open when I'm at work, so I'm not inclined to burn leave time to visit them. But if the next part I have on order doesn't fit (M20x1.5) I will have to remove the faucet spray head and take it on a ride around town.

--Rob C
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Strike 2! M20x1.5 does not fit, either. Now I will have to take off work some day and hope someone in town can match the threads on the faucet head.

--Rob C

Since I still have no idea what size threads are used to attach a Pfister Hanover pull-down faucet head onto the pull-out hose, I bought a new head from plumbersstock.com for $16 plus shipping. Sacrificed the old head by removing the aerator guts and tapping the black plastic housing with 1/2" NPT. Screwed in garden hose fitting. Will swap in modified head at the beginning of brew day and replace it with the unmolested head at the end of the day. No more shuttling of pots full of water!View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420996280.957011.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420996338.839125.jpg

I would be interested to learn what threads this thing really uses (only God and Pfister know for sure!) but not interested enough to devote any more effort. My modified spray head gets the job done.

So I couldn't post a photo along with my previous post but I thought it was a great solution for brewers like me who may face the same predicament as we have. Here is a photo. I used it the other day, and it was awesome.

faucet adapter.jpg

Latest posts

Back