what size mini fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burro2882

Reaction score
Im browsing some compact refrigerators online to be used (obviously) to fridge my keg. Im wondering how many cubic feet, or basically what size will work. I only need it to house one (maybe 2) corny Keg(s).

any advise on brands, models, or sizes would be great

Sanyo 4912 is a very popular one. As such there is a lot of modification information available.

This is what I used. It can hold 2 cornys and a 5lb CO2 tank if you cut out the plastic in the door. that said they discontinued this model so they are hard to find. I have found a couple on CL but you have to be fast because there are a lot of people looking for these, especially here in SD.

If you are not set on having two kegs, just look for some thing where the cooling coils are located in the back. the ones with freezers on the top are difficult to deal with.

If you need some help with the conversion let me know, I've done three.

b^2

I bought one of the Sanyo 4912's a few months back from WalMart. Here is a link: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10779331

They will ship it to the closest WalMart to your house for free then you just pick it up from there. The price is really good too. Be careful with other models as even if the space seems big inside, the layout may not allow you to actually fit 2 corny's and your CO2 cylinder inside. Look for mini fridges without a freezer inside. The freezer takes up a lot of the usable space.

Good luck!

Back