What should I do with this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigbrew

Reaction score
I bought some beer making stuff at a garage sale today. Guy had kids and couldn't brew any more. I got a couple of cases of bottles in the deal. As I was look at some of the stuff I noticed that one of the bottles still had a cap on it. It is a commercial beer that is really old, should I drink it or pitch it.

By the way the bottle of beer is from 1995 Samuel Adams triple bock. It still has the plastic cover on the top.

Thanks Craig

Of course you have to taste it, it could be awesome, or one sip and you'll dump it.

But you won't know unless you taste it.

n the Dec 07 Zymurgy Charlie Papazian reviewed bottles of homebrew going back to the first AHC competition that he had stored, and none of them went bad, some had not held up but most of them he felt were awesome...We're talking over 20 years worth of beers.

And many people cellar commercial beers, some for decades.

You won't die or anything....

:D

Well, I've been lurking for a while and decided to sign up.

Anyway, drink this beer.

But, be careful, it isn't for everyone, and it wasn't for me the first time. That little bottle is good for 4 or 5 small pours. Pour about 2 oz out into the smallest tasting glass you have and recork it. Repeat every six months until it is gone.

The first time for me, the stuff was pure soy sauce.

Just reopened it a few days ago and it isn't half bad, still no reason to drink more than a couple ounces but interesting brew.

It is about 18% abv as well.

I bought some beer making stuff at a garage sale today. Guy had kids and couldn't brew any more. I got a couple of cases of bottles in the deal. As I was look at some of the stuff I noticed that one of the bottles still had a cap on it. It is a commercial beer that is really old, should I drink it or pitch it.

By the way the bottle of beer is from 1995 Samuel Adams triple bock. It still has the plastic cover on the top.

Thanks Craig

Drink it, but don't expect too much. SA triple bock doesn't get very many good reviews.

Back