What podcasts do you listen to?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaBrew

Reaction score
I get Car Talk, Fresh Air, 60 Minutes, How to do Everything, Jay and Silent Bob Get Old (my favorite), Stuff You Should Know, and The Moth. That's all I really have time for. What's everyone else into?

I like Fresh Air, too. I like Q (CBC radio), Science Friday (NPR), Basic Brewing Radio, and some of the Brewing Network podcasts. Oh and I listen to the BBC world news daily.

Car Talk and Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. I listen to a little each morning on the way to work.

Lets talk a little more about Basic Brewing Radio's podcast. I like their style, they amuse me, they walk that fine line between embarrassingly dorky and amusing very well. And I really like it when they interview people - I think James is a good interviewer and I always enjoy those episodes.

I am not such a big fan of the 'experiments' though. First, I can't remember one that was valid - there are just too many unaccounted variables. Plus, I just find them boring.

I don't do podcasts for most things except brewing. But I have been known to stop the radio on Car Talk whenever we're driving somewhere, and waitwait don't tell is usually on right after.

I usually download basic brewing and some of the brewing network shows if the description sounds interesting. I like BasicBrewing's style. And I agree with Pappers about the experiments. WTH? They are all invalidated by something. Every time!

Interesting concepts and I wish more of them were done to conclusive results.

This American Life, Planet Money, Marketplace Money, Marketplace Tech Report, Talk of the Nation (including Sci Fri), WNYC RadioLab, Android Central, Beersmith Home Brewing, and Brewing Network sometimes.

Basically listen to them all day at work, and mostly NPR shows.

How is the Basic Brewing podcast?

Sports: The B.S. Report with Bill Simmons & some of the other Grantland.com stuff

TV: The Firewall & Iceberg Podcast (Alan Sepinwall is the best in the biz)

Movies: The /filmcast

Comedy: Doug Loves Movies
WTF w/Marc Maron (sometimes, I kind of can't stand Maron)

Music: All Songs Considered

Just got into homebrewing so I'll have to sift through those casts and add a few into the rotation.

I listen to all the homebrewing podcasts on an off and on basis when the subject interests me. That's typically all I listen to. Otherwise I prefer to listen to music.

I don't do podcasts for most things except brewing. But I have been known to stop the radio on Car Talk whenever we're driving somewhere, and waitwait don't tell is usually on right after.

I usually download basic brewing and some of the brewing network shows if the description sounds interesting. I like BasicBrewing's style. And I agree with Pappers about the experiments. WTH? They are all invalidated by something. Every time!

Interesting concepts and I wish more of them were done to conclusive results.

Like the one in the recent BYO on the "rehydrate yeast or not" experiment. Just reading the headline made me fall asleep . . .

Its not that hard - yes its better to rehydrate the yeast. No, lots of times you won't be able to taste the difference. I do it sometimes, unless I forget or have too many things going on at once and just want to get it done. And none of the experiment's 'results' are valid because they are based on the tasting skills of one person, the brewer, who knows which batch is which. Completely and utterly useless. And did I mention that it bores me? ;)

Back