What pisses you off about other drivers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im originally born and bred in Michigan. I moved to Massachusetts a few years ago. They really are Massholes here! Every traffic law is a suggestion. People pass on shoulders, who ever can get through a 4 way stop the fastest is the one who goes, blinkers... what are those, who cares if a car is in a left turn only lane? Chances are they will gun it to cut you off because they have to be first. But the absolute worst is when you try to merge on the express way and the car you are trying to merge in front of speeds up forcing you to the shoulder. I've gotten to the point where I don't care any more. Im getting over ready or not. They will either slow down or be forced to the other lane. It sucks driving in Massachusetts

:mug:

I had to make a call into FHP about 7:15pm tonight on I-95. Some idiot stopped in the fast lane and was trying to coax a dog from the shoulder to his car. I hope he didn't get anyone killed with that stunt in the heavy traffic.

My son got one of those tickets when he was a senior in high school. Not only did his puny McD's paycheck go entirely to his ticket, he got the embarassment of riding that particular bus after daddy here took away the keys to the car. I think he was the only senior on the bus for that entire month.

Awesome job, Dad! I wish there were more out there like you!:mug:

Jackasses who use the left turn lane to merge right! You know the people. They turn left out of a parking lot into the left turn lane because there's cars coming in the lane they're trying to get into. Then they sit in the left turn lane, or drive slow in it waiting to try to merge. It's a LEFT TURN LANE, not a MERGE RIGHT LANE.

Ooh, good call! That drives me batty, too!

truckndad said:
My son got one of those tickets when he was a senior in high school. Not only did his puny McD's paycheck go entirely to his ticket, he got the embarassment of riding that particular bus after daddy here took away the keys to the car. I think he was the only senior on the bus for that entire month.

I like your style. I wish that there were more people like you out there.

Clann said:
I have seen the busdrivers with kids on the bus here in newport tn run stop signs just like everybody else.

Get the number of the bus and call dispatch to complain. Tell them where and when it happened and the driver will be written up for it.

My district has a system called "Zonar" on each bus. Among other things, it stores data about speed, time and what lights are on. If I blew a stopsign and you reported me, my boss would look it up and verify I messed up and I would be in deep doo-doo.

The other feature I really like is it records the time that I arrive at a stop, how long I wait, and what time I pull away. The parents who come out late and say I came by early and left little Johnny behind while sticking out my tongue, they call the parent out on it and tell them to get outside on time.

Sparqui said:
Get the number of the bus and call dispatch to complain. Tell them where and when it happened and the driver will be written up for it.

My district has a system called "Zonar" on each bus. Among other things, it stores data about speed, time and what lights are on. If I blew a stopsign and you reported me, my boss would look it up and verify I messed up and I would be in deep doo-doo.

The other feature I really like is it records the time that I arrive at a stop, how long I wait, and what time I pull away. The parents who come out late and say I came by early and left little Johnny behind while sticking out my tongue, they call the parent out on it and tell them to get outside on time.

Off topic, but seeing as you are a bus driver you should change your handle to Crankshaft. :D

Bernie Brewer said:
Off topic, but seeing as you are a bus driver you should change your handle to Crankshaft. :D

That's a good one. We have several if that strip around the driver's lounge.

I just moved from a rural area to an area with lots of freeways and a lot more traffic than I am used to.. One thing I've noticed since I moved to this town is THESE A-HOLES WILL NOT LET YOU IN NO MATTER HOW LONG YOUR BLINKER IS ON.. AARRRGGHH. For the fourth time since I moved here, I missed my exit because the scumbag next to me refused to let me in a full quarter mile from the exit.. and the scumbag behind him.. and the one behind him.. you get the idea.. It really pisses me off.. Anyway, it got me to thinking about all the annoying things that we deal with on the roads everyday.. Which annoying act by the braindead driver next to you pisses you off the most? Blinker-on-forever guy? Too bright headlights guy? old people on the freeway?

Never ever expect anyone to let you in. expect them to close any opening if you are dumb enough to put on your blinker and wait. its Signal/Go not Signal,, pause... wait for opening. BTW you are Blinker on forever guy, so you get ignored anyway.

That's how I was taught, and I'm pretty sure it's the law in VT (where I got my first license). I don't *always* stop (depends on the situation, if there's a safe place for me to pull over), but I usually do. I always assumed they wanted you to stop in case the ambulance needs to take a left-hand turn in front of me.

Far as I know its the law in SC to pull over and stop. I don't always do it, but I judge the speed of the emergency vehicle and knowledge of the road.. if theres not a turn ahead of me for miles for him to cut across my path I simply move over and keep going so he can have the best access to the road.

yeah, i hate those jerks who don't take 90 degree right hand turns at 40mph...

Most people have no clue what their cars can do. I've driven mine to the breaking point (yep.. broke a part doing a hard turn at 40 while braking, put in upgraded parts and she handles better now!) I drive my car like it was meant to be. None of this *****footing around. Onramp, I romp that throttle getting up to speed and merging. She answers up with a mighty V8 roar. I take turns at decent speed. Essentially I drive like a controlled lunatic. I know very well what my car will do under most conditions. I have pushed her to the edges of her performance, to where I feel her telling me its not good to go further. I do this only when I am the only one in danger. No need to risk others lives to find out her limits and abilities. The reason for this is so when **** does happen, bad ****.. I can pull her out of it. I had a incident I was doing 70 down a freeway, moved to pass some ass. they wouldn't let me so i stomped the throttle to ensure I passed. they couldn't stop that move, but when i started to get back into the lane a object appeared in the lane.. small. yellow.. big enough to be a threat.. i tanked the wheel back over to get out of the lane. ass end came free of the pavement. Now I'm in a 90mph fishtail. FUN!!! Not.... but I was able to bring her back under control with a little back and forth control (less each time) and letting off the throttle. Looking back I suspect it was some childs ball that got tossed from a car or something. I probably could have hit it safely but there was no way to tell in a instant. Scared the **** out of the idiot who wouldn't let me pass.

*****bagery at its best...

First responsibility of a fast/cool/sports/super car owner is to be relaxed and friendly.

How close are we to having gov't mandated "black boxes" (reporting everything we do to the cops/insurance) and other speed-averse big brother technologies thrust (vigorously and without lube) upon us?

Last thing we want to do is to excite the populace...

Relaxed and friendly to his parakeet? ON his shoulder..
I dont have the good citizen monitoring insurence. I believe there are too many ******** that think they need to go faster than everybody else though.

(guilty of the "I'm safe but the other guy is an *******")

Out here in the empty southwest, you can still do effective high speed travel. Don't tailgate. Don't blow by people at +40 mph. Don't fly over hills or around curves that you can't handle a sudden 15 mph tractor in the way. Simple stuff - shame some of the d-bags can't figure these things out.

Oh yeah, the other way to ensure trouble-free travel - don't drive a "sports" car. Never once had a warning in my 34 year old 911. That fire-breathing 185hp monster only gets tickets. At 5 mph over the limit. Man's got his boot on my neck. Hatin' the old white guy car...

Back