What mill should i tell my wife to get me for fathers day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ned-up

Reaction score
I have gone from one end of the internet and back! Now I'm confused..... please help fellow homebrewrs!

MM2....there is a thread debating mills recently and some good info and opinions posted there.

I was thinking about the rebel.... but it is not available right now and I kinda want a stripped down mill i can integrate into my 3 tier some how.....

periwinkle1239 said:
Easy one. MM2.0. Best mill ever (I'm biased of course)

I checked out the mm2 and like that it is available stripped down.

Is the monster mill a "crank and stein"

MM2-2.0 :rockin:

Got mine with the hardened steel rollers option, base, hopper and hopper extension... Couldn't he happier. I had a BC before and it simply cannot compare to the Monster Mill... Even the C&S mills are small in comparison (smaller diameter rollers, that are shorter too).

IMO, if you want one you'll never need to replace, get a Monster. :D Just be sure to hide the children when it's hungry. :eek:

I checked out the mm2 and like that it is available stripped down.

Is the monster mill a "crank and stein"

Crank and Stein and Monster Mill are two different companies.
I ended up getting the stainless steel MM2 with the base and hopper and couldn't be happier - awesome mill!

I ended up getting the stainless steel MM2 with the base and hopper and couldn't be happier - awesome mill!

2 different companies that were 1 until they had a falling out and went their separate ways. I love my Crankenstein...

I received a crankenstein as a gift. Bare bones, 2s model. Built my own little cabinet hopper and motor for it. Its a nice little mill. I chose it because I had a cabinet and it was the cheapest I could find.

lpdjshaw said:

Either one of these are great. I ended up going mm though.

Now start looking for a motor and pullys, Granger has the pullys, the motor should be free.
The mill station rocks!!

Ok.... I just pulled the trigger on a MM-2!!!! HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ME! Cant wait to start a mill stand build!

Back