What is your neighborhood brewery?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ferguson brewery is my local pub. Ferguson, MO. may have it's issue right now but I always know where I can find great beers and delicious food. Just one left turn from my home and straight down hill the whole way to my favorite brew pub.

ferguson_brewing_logo.png

http://www.fergusonbrewing.com/

This place used to be a liquor store back in the day but after it closed up it was just a vacant building and a local resident invested his time and money into making an awesome local brewery. Now they serve 8 staple brews and a variety of additional seasonal beers.

I always look forward to Fridays now to see what new homebrew Friday beer they are testing out.

Here in Erie Pa we have
Lake Erie Brewing
The Brewerie
Lavery Brewing
Erie Ale Works

And in the reasonably close area.
Voodoo Brewing
Sprague's
The Blue Canoe
Southern Tier

Rumor around town is we have another 3 opening in the next year! May not be as many as some but Erie isn't that big and the beer scene is growing!

I'm about 15 minutes from Canterbury Aleworks which is nice. Closest LHBS is 15 minutes away and also sells good beer and cigars, but no drinking while shopping!

I'm about 15 minutes from Canterbury Aleworks which is nice. Closest LHBS is 15 minutes away and also sells good beer and cigars, but no drinking while shopping!

Ridiculous! I'm all for drinking while shopping! Especially during the holidays! Black Friday should be beer Friday!

Ferguson brewery is my local pub. Ferguson, MO. may have it's issue right now but I always know where I can find great beers and delicious food. Just one left turn from my home and straight down hill the whole way to my favorite brew pub.

This place used to be a liquor store back in the day but after it closed up it was just a vacant building and a local resident invested his time and money into making an awesome local brewery. Now they serve 8 staple brews and a variety of additional seasonal beers.

I always look forward to Fridays now to see what new homebrew Friday beer they are testing out.

I hope they serve a "Burn That B***h Down" Rauchbier.

Too soon?

Here in Erie Pa we have
Lake Erie Brewing
The Brewerie
Lavery Brewing
Erie Ale Works

And in the reasonably close area.
Voodoo Brewing
Sprague's
The Blue Canoe
Southern Tier

Rumor around town is we have another 3 opening in the next year! May not be as many as some but Erie isn't that big and the beer scene is growing!

HEY.......THOSE ARE MY NEIGHBORHOOD BREWERIES..........:mug:

10 min away is
Schmaltz, (not a fan)

30 min
Browns Brewing (love their cream ale & stout)

45 min
(Davidson's)

hour
Ommagang

over an hour
Lake Placid
Saranac

Traverse City, Michigan: :rockin:

Right Brain Brewery

North Peak Brewery

Jolly Pumpkin Brewery

Rare Bird Brewery

The Work Shop

The Filling Station

Macanac Brewing

I think thats it, there may be more......

I'm fortunate enough to have a few:

Victory - 10 minutes
Sly Fox - 10 minutes
Armstrong Ales - 15 minutes
Boxcar Brewing - 15 minutes
Iron Hill - 15 miutes

Of course my favorite one is right in my kitchen :mug:

10 Minutes from me...

Stone
Lost Abbey
Port Brewing
Aztec
Ballast Point
Rip Current
Belching Beaver
Mother Earth
And many many more

We used to have the Red Fox inn that became the sly fox after Sanford & Son became popular. Fat head's in North Olmsted & Great Lakes in Cleveland to name a couple. But my neighborhood brewery? Mine is it.:mug:

HEY.......THOSE ARE MY NEIGHBORHOOD BREWERIES..........:mug:

Yeah! I'm the guy deciding on what hops to grow this year. I recognized your Vader! I like all the breweries I mentioned but I have to say I think Lavery is my favorite. Especially their Dulichan IPA! It's almost like they're in my head making the recipes the way I want to someday! But I have enjoyed many from the others too. We may never rival the big cities but I'm glad our little Erie is brewing it's own fine selection.
So what's your favorite local brewer/beer? Always curious to compare notes and hear suggestions.

Closest to me is Fat Bottom in East Nashville. Other breweries in Nashville:

Yazoo
Jackalope
Czann's
Tennessee BrewWorks
Little Harpeth
Black Abbey

Yeah! I'm the guy deciding on what hops to grow this year. I recognized your Vader! I like all the breweries I mentioned but I have to say I think Lavery is my favorite. Especially their Dulichan IPA! It's almost like they're in my head making the recipes the way I want to someday! But I have enjoyed many from the others too. We may never rival the big cities but I'm glad our little Erie is brewing it's own fine selection.
So what's your favorite local brewer/beer? Always curious to compare notes and hear suggestions.

I've always had a fondness for the BrewERIE. It's where I cut my teeth on craft beer - they also make an Oktoberfest for my church OKTOBER-FEST so I've dealt with the owner for years.
Having said that, their beers had been getting a little inconsistent and I started noticing some off flavors. I never said anything.... Low and behold the brewmaster quit/had a falling out with the owner and he was forced to hire another brew master....THEE best single thing he did for his business and the beer.
PROs - The flavors are spot on and more consistent and they offer a wider variety.
CONs - Some of the beers have a little thinner mouth feel. But I figure that that is a small problem compared to bad tasting beer.

Blue point Brewery is the closest,10 minutes.They just got bought out by anheuser bush for an estimated 28 million.Not bad for two local guys.

Southern Tier and Ellicottville Brewing are both about an hour away. But Four Mile Brewing is about a month from their first batch and they're within walking distance so...<waiting impatiently>

Dallas, Texas.

Community Brewing, Peticolas Brewing, and Texas Ale Project are all within walking distance.

Just moved from being a 10 minute drive from Kuhnhenn, Griffinclaw, B. Nektar, and schramms as well as a couple brewpubs. Now all I have is Tri City brewing company which is not very good.

I've always had a fondness for the BrewERIE. It's where I cut my teeth on craft beer - they also make an Oktoberfest for my church OKTOBER-FEST so I've dealt with the owner for years.
Having said that, their beers had been getting a little inconsistent and I started noticing some off flavors. I never said anything.... Low and behold the brewmaster quit/had a falling out with the owner and he was forced to hire another brew master....THEE best single thing he did for his business and the beer.
PROs - The flavors are spot on and more consistent and they offer a wider variety.
CONs - Some of the beers have a little thinner mouth feel. But I figure that that is a small problem compared to bad tasting beer.

Church wouldn't happen to be St. Joseph's would it? It's the only Church i know that has it's own Oktoberfest beer made by the Breweries. If it is I was there the last two years. I also went to school there. It was weird drinking beer in the halls of my old grade school!

Down in Corvallis, OR there aren't nearly as many breweries as Portland but there are a few really good ones.

5 minute or less walk:

Block 15 Brewing Co
Flat Tail Brewing
Oregon Trail Brewery
Sky High Brewing

Short drive:

Mazama Brewing
Mcmenamins on Monroe
2 Towns Ciderhouse

In my opinion Block 15 is the best brewery outside of Bend in Oregon.

:mug:

From Spokane Wa. We have about 30+ breweries.
Twelve string is in biking distance!!!!
Selkirk abbey just over the state line in Idaho is the ****!!! look out for them. they are going to a household name. World class Belgian beers!

Back