What is your favorite Pale Ale hop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Pale Ale hop?

• Amarillo

• Cascade

• Chinook

• Simcoe

• Citra

• Centennial

• Ahtanum

• Galaxy

• Mosaic

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flipadelphia

Reaction score
American Pale Ale that is. It's almost summertime and for me that means lighter, hoppy sessionable ales that I can crush.

For me, nothing beats Chinook. That piney, herbal flavor/aroma is amazing to me.

Regardless of the style, any hoppy beer style that is, I love nelson Sauvin. Probably wouldn't work in a imperial stout, but I put them in any hoppy beer I brew.

My favorite style! I have yet to repeat a hop for an APA. I use this style to get a feel for the hop profile for that particular hop(s). I have an all Galaxy pale ale now. Amarillo and Simcoe made an awesome APA. I also like how different Nelson Sauvin was. You can't go wrong with Cascade either!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

To me it's all about Cascade, Centennial, Citra.

Yes to this man! Ill see that and raise you Columbus, Centennial & Citra. Those are "my" 3-C's. (i find that Centennial is just Cascadex2... so i don't "double hop" with basically the same thing and i'll pump in Columbus to give me the danky goodness)

Cascade all day. I have a special spot for simcoe and nelson though

Back